Class of 2020 - SG/SF Alan Griffin (NY / Illinois) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SG/SF Alan Griffin (NY / Illinois) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Doubtful but still nice to see our staff trying to address some of our roster issues. I have faith they will figure it out...lots of time and tons of options out there right now.

I don't think he's a 3. He's a 2G in our system and would be quite undersized to play the wing. Good shooting #'s though.

Of course, we need all the help we can get, so...

Curious why you think he'd be undersized to play the wing? He's listed as 6'5" 195 lbs. Elijah is 6'6" 215. As others have mentioned, he appears to be a really solid rebounder for his position, averaging 4.5 RPG and 11 per 40. I'm assuming he'd have to sit a year. Add another 5-10 lbs and I don't see the issue.

On paper this kid looks like a breakout candidate, someone who could make the jump to 15-17 pts a game next year with more shots and endless playing time in our system. Does he have to sit out a year or does the one-time waiver apply?

So do we know why he is transferring from Illinois? He would start this next season and they should be a solid squad. I hope it isn't just to go to Duke and if it is someone needs to hit them with tampering charges.

On paper this kid looks like a breakout candidate, someone who could make the jump to 15-17 pts a game next year with more shots and endless playing time in our system. Does he have to sit out a year or does the one-time waiver apply?
Has to sit unless the rule changes, to be voted on in April
His brother gets to Duke the year after and looks to be a SF type where they could be competing for minutes
So if the transfer rule doesn't change, he becomes eligible the same time his younger brother arrives who then might take his minutes. He better think this through at risk of being Jordan Tuckered

So do we know why he is transferring from Illinois? He would start this next season and they should be a solid squad. I hope it isn't just to go to Duke and if it is someone needs to hit them with tampering charges.
He was in line to start next year too. Rumor is his mom never wanted him to go to Illinois and he was more lightly recruited back then. Now that he’s blown up a bit he has more options

He was in line to start next year too. Rumor is his mom never wanted him to go to Illinois and he was more lightly recruited back then. Now that he’s blown up a bit he has more options
Great, Momma probably wants both the brothers together, makes it easier for visiting

Want this kid bad. Want him at the 2 instead of the 3 though. Yes, it would cut into jimmys minutes but it would help our defense so much having him at the top of the zone instead of undersized at the wing.

Has to sit unless the rule changes, to be voted on in April
His brother gets to Duke the year after and looks to be a SF type where they could be competing for minutes
So if the transfer rule doesn't change, he becomes eligible the same time his younger brother arrives who then might take his minutes. He better think this through at risk of being Jordan Tuckered

Status
Not open for further replies.