Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 182 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

8 to 1 is a little stiff but what does it matter when you aren't going to lose

giphy.gif

If he consistently beats nova and marquette i shall forgive him

You may have just become my board hero(temporarily anyhow). I like people who put there money where their mouth is on here and stand up to the mockers. If anyone cares, I'm rooting for you to win. ;)

Edit:two3 is still someone I hold in high regard, even though he's taking the much easier bet. The phrase, "Good luck to both of you" is commonly used, but not here, not by me anyhow. lol

Wondering if Jordan Tucker knew that Zion was leaning to committing to Duke or if Barrett and Reddish were enough for him to realize that he was not going to play much at Duke?

Tucker was definitely overrated to the point where an article in a sport periodical (either Sporting News or Sports Illustrated) identified him as Duke's difference maker and starter at Small Forward. Just proves to me that not every sports related magazine has the knowledgeable staff to always provide clear insight into every college team.

Wondering if Jordan Tucker knew that Zion was leaning to committing to Duke or if Barrett and Reddish were enough for him to realize that he was not going to play much at Duke?

Tucker was definitely overrated to the point where an article in a sport periodical (either Sporting News or Sports Illustrated) identified him as Duke's difference maker and starter at Small Forward. Just proves to me that not every sports related magazine has the knowledgeable staff to always provide clear insight into every college team.
With or without Zion, if he wasn’t cracking their lineup this year...he surely wouldn’t with just Barrett and Reddish!

I think we may be saying that if we got Huerter we wouldn't have got Hughes next year.
Serious and honest question that you probably can answer. Where does the hype with Hughes come from? High school tape was good, but ECU film was really underwhelming.

Serious and honest question that you probably can answer. Where does the hype with Hughes come from? High school tape was good, but ECU film was really underwhelming.

Apparently he was injured for part of that year, but got better later in the season, and had some good play against some decent comp at times.

Also, folks who have seen him in practices here say he is looking very good, and definitely passes the eye test.
Word is that he and Tyus go against each other all the time.

I'm not expecting a Wes-like impact from Eli, but as long as he's a solid rotation guard for us, then that may be all we need from him next year. Assuming Battle goes Pro after this year, then Hughes and Jalen Carey are likely duking it out for the other starting guard spot next to Frankie, with the "loser" being 1st guard off the bench, backing up both spots.

Apparently he was injured for part of that year, but got better later in the season, and had some good play against some decent comp at times.

Also, folks who have seen him in practices here say he is looking very good, and definitely passes the eye test.
Word is that he and Tyus go against each other all the time.

I'm not expecting a Wes-like impact from Eli, but as long as he's a solid rotation guard for us, then that may be all we need from him next year. Assuming Battle goes Pro after this year, then Hughes and Jalen Carey are likely duking it out for the other starting guard spot next to Frankie, with the "loser" being 1st guard off the bench, backing up both spots.
That makes sense...thank you!