Class of 2022 - SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will see who gets to make the decision in his case. He moved up his recruiting visit for a reason
Trying to figure this one out...he moved his visit up for a reason but didn't commit taking the chance for 2 other guards visiting right after him to visit and possibly commit? And then scheduled a visit to LSU. What was the reasoning for moving up his visit if it wasn't to commit before other players?

Trying to figure this one out...he moved his visit up for a reason but didn't commit taking the chance for 2 other guards visiting right after him to visit and possibly commit? And then scheduled a visit to LSU. What was the reasoning for moving up his visit if it wasn't to commit before other players?
I’ve said it for a year plus now. Chance would be here already if it was him….

So, Taylor is listed on this thread as a SF. It seems from what I’ve seen and read, offensively he’s more of a SG. In Cuse’s offense he’d be Buddy 2.0. I get that. On defense would he play the 2 or the 3, or would it just depend on who else we have on the floor with him?

He's kind of a Klay Thompson type.

Good question -- the answer probably is, "kind of."

The issue I see is that Lands indicated that he was also recruited by the staff as a 2. So, in tandem, one of them would have to play 3 defensively on the back end. That might work, as the 2 and the 3 are often similar in terms of their offensive role in JB's system.

Of course, things get complicated from there. If [and I recognize that this is an "if"] Benny Williams comes back for year 2, he's more of a 3 than a 4.

And JJ Starling is a 2 / combo, not really a 1. So does landing Taylor take us out of the running for him?

And Westry / Copeland are both lead guards, so I don't envision us landing both in tandem.

I'm guessing that we land one of Taylor / JJ, and one of Copeland / Westry -- and then the focus is exclusively on finding a big.
Yes. At least you would hope this would be the logic moving forward. We will also, most likely, will have JG3 and S. Torrance here still when these young men step on campus. I cant see a situation where one of these kids is happy watching from the bench for the vast majority of his freshman year.

I get that...thats no secret and has been talked about numerous times on here for awhile now...so ill ask again, what was the reasoning for moving his visit up?
Well when it happened most thought to commit ASAP

interesting caption ;)
Lock Him Up.png

I take offense to that. Cmon guys how much clearer do I need to be. This is day 5 of saying that he is going to be on this team
Bam! Mic dropped!

That's not true. If it's not LSU it's us. The NBL offer was false
It sounds like it comes down to if Chance gets what he wants or his people can persuade him that their interests are more important than his.

White and Taurean Thompson threads happening relatively at the same time was pure entertainment and an absolute rollercoaster.

One of the most epic meltdowns though was the Julius Hodge thread back in the day. I remember board members going to his announcement at his high school and updating us on this board before social media was what it is now. I’ll never forget the insanity that was his recruiting process. I actually think Hodge himself lurked on the board. This was also around the same time that Edelin’s dad (Don’t believe the hype, just play the game) was posting on the board. Amazing how things turned out after the Hodge circus for obvious reasons.

Tobias Harris’ recruitment and thread was another classic, highlighted by painted rocks and culminating with him choosing Tenn (with the Lady Vols logo) in NYC surrounded by SU fans before we put a hurting on California at MSG. We have sure had some memories.

I read this, and I suddenly feel really old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom