Class of 2019 - SG/SF Lester Quinones (NJ/IMG) to Memphis | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG/SF Lester Quinones (NJ/IMG) to Memphis

At the moment, Quinones said Georgetown, Illinois, UConn, Syracuse and St. John’s were coming at him the hardest, and he’d also started hearing from Michigan and Arizona as well.

“I’m looking at player development, so what school is going to help me get to the next level past college,” he said. “The people in my position who used to go there, see how they started and how they finished at that school, and the system, I like teams that play two ways, offense and defense, and schools that have an open system, 4-out, 1-in, that’s the type of school I want to be looking for.”

Would love this kid

At the moment, Quinones said Georgetown, Illinois, UConn, Syracuse and St. John’s were coming at him the hardest, and he’d also started hearing from Michigan and Arizona as well.

“I’m looking at player development, so what school is going to help me get to the next level past college,” he said. “The people in my position who used to go there, see how they started and how they finished at that school, and the system, I like teams that play two ways, offense and defense, and schools that have an open system, 4-out, 1-in, that’s the type of school I want to be looking for.”

Would love this kid

Why no offer yet? Are we waiting on someone else to decide first?

"QUINONES LIGHTS THE FLAME

Was it the best performance of the summer? I am not totally sure but it is in the argument where Lester Quinones lit the nets to a tune of 37 points off of 13 of 22 shooting from the floor, aided by the five made perimeter jumpers that he made.

A wired to compete wing that can easily evolve into a 3-and-D prospect thanks to his dominance as shot maker and buy-in as a perimeter defender, there is a lot to like about what Quinones can do now and what he can become in the future.

He was mighty impressive with the Dominican Republic 18-under team last month averaging over 17 points per game in FIBA play and has carried that momentum into July, high marked by his tremendous showing in Vegas. Michigan could be the next to offer after John Beilein has made it a point to see multiple games of his this week. Pitt, Seton Hall, UConn, St. John’s, Maryland, Ohio State and UCLA are among the others in contention but this recruitment seems to be expanding before it might be diminished."

Would love this kid

We’re nearly unrivaled at player development.

Damn. I don’t think we are connected well with IMG. Can’t think of any IMG guy we have ever snagged. Bummer.

Damn. I don’t think we are connected well with IMG. Can’t think of any IMG guy we have ever snagged. Bummer.

We have a LAX connection. Nothing for hoops that I know.

We have a LAX connection. Nothing for hoops that I know.

Didn't Mccullough play his last year of HS ball there? Not sure that counts as a connection, but it is one player at least.

Didn't Mccullough play his last year of HS ball there? Not sure that counts as a connection, but it is one player at least.

You’re right. For a second but you’re right. I don’t remember if Brewster or IMG was the last stop for him. He was at three high schools I think. He was a strange one.

You’re right. For a second but you’re right. I don’t remember if Brewster or IMG was the last stop for him. He was at three high schools I think. He was a strange one.

Salisbury
Brewster
IMG

I’ve always thought Lester’s transcripts were a bit of an issue when looking at his lack of offer(s). Same with Precious.

I like Lester a lot and would like to offer him. I have not heard anything about his transcript so I won't speculate on that. I like him more than JG3 but in saying that it is more about liking Lester and less about not liking JG3.

Lester got some serious love on the espn 100, in which JGIII is not ranked. Hope we get in on him soon.

If true it is a Green re-do. Just put the offer out there - first come - welcome aboard !!

May be grades, I do not know about Quinones, but understand JGiii has very good grades.

If true it is a Green re-do. Just put the offer out there - first come - welcome aboard !!

It is not a Green re-do. When we were recruiting Green we were recruiting an incoming starting point guard with a fair to middlin option on the roster and no real option left in the recruiting class. Striking out recruiting that position that cycle put us in a hole.

We don't have as a great a need at the position in this class. Getting either guy with the open ship is more luxury than dire need. If we strike out it isn't ideal, but it isn't a huge problem either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom