Shady is now a free agent... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Shady is now a free agent...

Say what you will, he built up Rutgers from really bad to almost mediocre.
with one sorry a** schedule

but after spending the last 8 days near tampa all the local sports talk show fans said they hated him from day one down there saying he couldn't coach a single down of pro and college football.

talk how hosts were saying the bucs couldn't fire him yet, but the fans were speaking loudly...:)

Wrong. The B1G didn't take Temple or UConn, they took Rutgers. Rutgers has gone to several bowls in a row. If not for Schiano, consecutive bowl games are not likely and records over .500 (I agree its due to shafty non-conf. scheduling) are not likely. If not for those bowl games and above 500 records, there is no way the B1G could have taken them or would have had the votes to take them. I hate monkey face more than most, I've been blasted for posting about him here this year, but he is responsible for the B1G taking Rutgers.

They took rutgers because of TV eyeballs and a large part of their most heavily populated counties are part of the NYC TMA. It's something like 14 counties in NNJ. Pa is only 2 counties and Conn 1 county. Had nothing to do with Schiano and his smoke and mirrors minor success.

They took rutgers because of TV eyeballs and a large part of their most heavily populated counties are part of the NYC TMA. It's something like 14 counties in NNJ. Pa is only 2 counties and Conn 1 county. Had nothing to do with Schiano and his smoke and mirrors minor success.
Thanks. I was getting beat up here!

The Real Slim Shady owes his career to Ray Rice and we all know why Rice went to Jersey State. Oh wait. Paul as def coordinater?

No. Christie is busy using it to get to his son's games.
As frivolous as that may be, and New Jersey residents should be upset, it is still a better use than allowing a snake oil/used car salesman to con kids to wasting their football talents at Snooki State.

Shady is perfect for PSU. He won't care what anybody there says or thinks. He will get an iron clad contract and then ignore them all. It will be sort of fun to watch. I think it might happen.
:rolling:

Shady is perfect for PSU. He won't care what anybody there says or thinks. He will get an iron clad contract and then ignore them all. It will be sort of fun to watch. I think it might happen.
:rolling:
It would be an epic, cosmic harmonic convergence. My favorite coach to hate at my favorite school to hate.

It would be an epic, cosmic harmonic convergence. My favorite coach to hate at my favorite school to hate.

For me the only thing that could make this more perfect would be for Schiano's first 2 hires to be Lane Kiffin and John Thompson.

Bees, let me try to figure out your stance and the basis for it here for a second.

1. Do you agree Rutgers has enjoyed relative success from 2005 to present? By that I mean much more successful than any time since the 1970's as shown by 8 bowl games in 9 years, winning 5 bowls in a row from 06-11 when he left, sharp recruiting uptick and winning many battles vs. SU, ranked in polls much higher than anytime since the 70's, much better won-loss record/win%. (I know the weak as heck OOC schedule had a lot to do with that win% and I know Schiano was there from 2001-2005 with a well below .500 record building it up much like HCDM did here).

2. Do you agree that Schiano is responsible for Rutgers' relative success from 2005 to present? Most on the Rutgers boards assert that Flood isn't doing them any favors there and is a dramatic step down from Monkey Face and in two years when all Schiano recruits are gone and all Schiano's effect on coaching them up is gone, that team will return to total mediocrity.

3. If you agree with both those points, do you honestly believe that the B1G would have taken Rutgers if: Rutgers hadn't been to a bowl game since 1978; hadn't finished above .500 since 1993 and winning records prior to joining the Big East in 1991 were due to playing a steady diet of teams like Cornell, Lehigh, William & Mary, Temple, Princeton, Colgate, etc. as an independent; was currently ranked in the bottom 10 of FBS schools as it likely would have been in 2000 had certain polls ranked all FBS schools as they do now.

Bees, let me try to figure out your stance and the basis for it here for a second.

1. Do you agree Rutgers has enjoyed relative success from 2005 to present? By that I mean much more successful than any time since the 1970's as shown by 8 bowl games in 9 years, winning 5 bowls in a row from 06-11 when he left, sharp recruiting uptick and winning many battles vs. SU, ranked in polls much higher than anytime since the 70's, much better won-loss record/win%. (I know the weak as heck OOC schedule had a lot to do with that win% and I know Schiano was there from 2001-2005 with a well below .500 record building it up much like HCDM did here).

2. Do you agree that Schiano is responsible for Rutgers' relative success from 2005 to present? Most on the Rutgers boards assert that Flood isn't doing them any favors there and is a dramatic step down from Monkey Face and in two years when all Schiano recruits are gone and all Schiano's effect on coaching them up is gone, that team will return to total mediocrity.

3. If you agree with both those points, do you honestly believe that the B1G would have taken Rutgers if: Rutgers hadn't been to a bowl game since 1978; hadn't finished above .500 since 1993 and winning records prior to joining the Big East in 1991 were due to playing a steady diet of teams like Cornell, Lehigh, William & Mary, Temple, Princeton, Colgate, etc. as an independent; was currently ranked in the bottom 10 of FBS schools as it likely would have been in 2000 had certain polls ranked all FBS schools as they do now.

Yes to all 3. As long as they were D1 all that mattered was the TMA. If you moved rutgirls 150 miles east, west or south (preferably east). The B10 doesn't take them.

Last edited:
so let's fit schiano for an orange blazer and let him usher . "excuse me , my ticket says gate F section U"

Last edited:
Yes to all 3. As long as they were D1 all that mattered was the TMA. If you moved rutgirls 150 miles east, west or south (preferably east). The B10 doesn't take them.

Thanks for helping me understand your point. I disagree and I guess we'll never know.

No. Christie is busy using it to get to his son's games.
Kevin Sumlin uses one. Mentioned/pictured during the bowl game. Gotta be impressive. Of course, aTm isn't hemorrhaging cash like Rutgers has been forever. The audacity to have one and use it as the State of NJ is propping up your school and program at the cost of social programs and all sorts of other things that money could be used for is repugnant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom