Shafer: I'm talking to people folks are going to know | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Shafer: I'm talking to people folks are going to know

Could it be someone from Stanford?
Is Cubit definitely going to Illinois?

Van Pelt would answer the OC/QB coach question and would be an interesting choice. I wonder what kind of a recruiter he would be as from what I hear Hackett was pretty solid.

I think Van Pelt would be a solid choice.

They run a pretty fast offense in GB don't they?

I think Van Pelt would be a solid choice.

They run a pretty fast offense in GB don't they?

They seem too and one of the rubs on Rogers is that he holds the ball too long and I'd assume State Farm would bump up their Dome ads as well.

They seem too and one of the rubs on Rogers is that he holds the ball too long and I'd assume State Farm would bump up their Dome ads as well.
I don't suppose there are any pasty white overweight Pre-adolescents around town looking to get into marketing...

Grammatically, couldn't that statement mean we don't know who he's talking to now, but will?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

He's the Packers RB coach now. Was the Tampa Bay Bucs QB coach for a few years and was with the Bills before that as an Offensive Quality Control Coach, QB coach and Offensive Coordinator for his final year there.

Only has one year of college experience though - at UB in 2005 as QB coach.
Turk Schonert was the Bills OC in 2008, Hack's first year with the Bills. Pretty sure he would prefer to be the SU OC than working for the Sacramento Mountain Lions. Another guy with limited experience as an OC.

That covers the OCs at Buffalo when Hackett was there. Of the two, Van Pelt is, I think, the better candidate, as he is from the East and had had a more mainstream job history. I know Hackett thinks very highly of him...he could very well be the guy. Not a Bills fan...looks like he was the backup to Kelly for part of the time the Bills ran the K gun offense (hurry up). Is that correct?

Did the Bills use the K gun offense when he was the Bills OC?

I always love the chance to reminisce about how my Flint Hall roomate went as a bloodied and beaten Alex Van Pelt for Halloween in 1992 after we pummeled Pitt in the Dome that day.

I don't suppose there are any pasty white overweight Pre-adolescents around town looking to get into marketing...

If you're going to Wegmans there might be a job open, or is that a different marketing?

This is the part of the process where coaches say things and we get excited. Gump, Doug, it always happens. As usual, I will await October's analysis, with high expectations.

It's good to say the right things though. Gump inspired me to wanna wax up the board and catch 'tasty' waves. Marrone fired me up and he delivered. Shaf fires me up to - I don't wanna hear we're the little engine that could.

Turk Schonert was the Bills OC in 2008, Hack's first year with the Bills. Pretty sure he would prefer to be the SU OC than working for the Sacramento Mountain Lions. Another guy with limited experience as an OC.

That covers the OCs at Buffalo when Hackett was there. Of the two, Van Pelt is, I think, the better candidate, as he is from the East and had had a more mainstream job history. I know Hackett thinks very highly of him...he could very well be the guy. Not a Bills fan...looks like he was the backup to Kelly for part of the time the Bills ran the K gun offense (hurry up). Is that correct?

Did the Bills use the K gun offense when he was the Bills OC?

He was there during the Losman, Edwards, Fitzpatrick years (Ugh), so no, he wouldn't have had experience coaching the K gun. His only experience would have been as a backup behind Kelly towards the end of Kelly's career.

He was there during the Losman, Edwards, Fitzpatrick years (Ugh), so no, he wouldn't have had experience coaching the K gun. His only experience would have been as a backup behind Kelly towards the end of Kelly's career.

system demanded a lot of its qbs and it's probably transferable to the coaching world considering how much of the playcalling came on the field

Whoever HCSS brings in, you can bet that he has been very clear in explaining their mission with the offense. That excites me.

#hardnosedOC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom