Shafer may have interviewed for WMU... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Shafer may have interviewed for WMU...

I completely agree with you about the program. It was awful. However, he did have both Hogue, Smith and Jones. They had some decent defensive talent.

Yes, but two of the three played offense under GRob, this staff transitioned them to the defensive side of the ball.

Yes, but two of the three played offense under GRob, this staff transitioned them to the defensive side of the ball.

That is not true. Smith move to LB Grobs last year and I guarantee you Hogue was going there too even if Grob had stayed as he had already been told. He couldn't ne moved Grobs last year because of uncertainty at RB due to injured returning players. If I recall correctly, Hogue was the starter early in that season.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Depth yes. But it is still TBD if he has recruited kids that will be the "stars" that lead the team like Smith, Hogue, Jones, Nassib, Lemon, Pugh and Sales.

Let's hope so.

Nonsense

Good for him. Nice to have our assistants good enough to be upwardly mobile.
Shafer has already been offered a HC position with a MAC school at least once during his time at Syracuse. He is very highly thought of in MAC circles, the MAC is where he started his coaching career and he was very successful in that conference.

With Wolfgang finishing up his senior year of HS, it becomes easier for him to move his family...I hope he will stay at least until his daughter is also done with HS. I think she is a freshman this year. Something close to that.

Depth yes. But it is still TBD if he has recruited kids that will be the "stars" that lead the team like Smith, Hogue, Jones, Nassib, Lemon, Pugh and Sales.

Let's hope so.

You mean guys like Macky, bromley and Shamarko Thomas? Leaders like those guys?

You mean guys like Macky, bromley and Shamarko Thomas? Leaders like those guys?

No offense to them, but no. I also don't mean leader as in leadership.

Shafer has already been offered a HC position with a MAC school at least once during his time at Syracuse. He is very highly thought of in MAC circles, the MAC is where he started his coaching career and he was very successful in that conference.

With Wolfgang finishing up his senior year of HS, it becomes easier for him to move his family...I hope he will stay at least until his daughter is also done with HS. I think she is a freshman this year. Something close to that.

Let's hope his kids like the idea of going to college at SU (or LeMoyne even)!

The fact that there are rumors that our HC may have interviewed with a Big 10 heavyweight, and our DC may have interviewed for a HC job, is a GOOD thing. Even if they're not true. At least it shows a perception of our program.

I don't remember a lot of rumors like this around, say, 2007.

Doubtful his kids are smart enough for Lemoyne:)

Not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to spend four years on the Heights. And for the record, it's Le Moyne.

Lemoyne is the next town down from Austin Wilson's Enola, just across the river from Harrisburg.

Not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to spend four years on the Heights. And for the record, it's Le Moyne.

Lemoyne is the next town down from Austin Wilson's Enola, just across the river from Harrisburg.
And I ran the proverbial gamut. Dablon, Foery, Harrison, Town houses. If those walls could talk!

And I ran the proverbial gamut. Dablon, Foery, Harrison, Town houses. If those walls could talk!

Dablon, Harrison, Foery, Townhouses. My four years of housing!

'Off the radar'. 'Wants to remain at SU as DC'.

Euphemisms for 'He didn't get the job'.

This no doubt seems harsh and cynical to some, but it is usually true. It's like a politician or CEO resigning, "to spend more time with the family". That's usually a euphemism for, "I'm being run out of here, but I'm trying to keep my dignity intact." Every once in a while, someone actually does leave a job to spend more time with the family, but it has become such a time-worn cliche that no one believes it anymore. When a coach "removes his name from consideration", it is usually done when he learns that someone else has the inside track for the job, and they take the opportunity to get out of the traffic before that person is formally named to the job.