Shafer's letter to team before BC game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Shafer's letter to team before BC game

I agree. I would imagine we will see Shafer landing something soon, unless he has told his agent he wants to take a year off. I have a tough time seeing that because the man is so passionate about the game to be away that long.

Maybe he would be willing to help out in a volunteer role at Ithaca during Wolf's senior year. Would love to hear him as an analyst on ESPN.
He said in his post game interview with Park that he was looking forward to going back to his roots and coaching defense, serving as a DC somewhere, doesn't matter where.

It is what he loves to do and now that he and Missy are about to be empty nesters, (Elsa is a senior at FM) they can go anywhere.

No way he sits out a year. The only real question to me is if he ends up a DC or a HC. I think one of the MAC schools that is losing a HC might well bring him in as a replacement. I bet if it happens, he does great in the MAC as a HC.

He said in his post game interview with Park that he was looking forward to going back to his roots and coaching defense, serving as a DC somewhere, doesn't matter where.

It is what he loves to do and now that he and Missy are about to be empty nesters, (Elsa is a senior at FM) they can go anywhere.

No way he sits out a year. The only real question to me is if he ends up a DC or a HC. I think one of the MAC schools that is losing a HC might well bring him in as a replacement. I bet if it happens, he does great in the MAC as a HC.

I hope down the line, he comes back to the Dome in some capacity and gets a helluva standing ovation.

He should be welcome here and feel welcome here. He's family.

I will never forget that reaction he had to the winning field goal, almost as if he was sad it went through preventing him from playing longer, you could just tell he was thinking, if I only had caught a couple breaks along the way things would have been much different, I really think he/us just had the worst luck, I know all teams say it but key injuries, some poorly timed penalties, etc, etc. Still love the guy and hope the best for him, just sucks when a good guy doesn't win and some really bad people are successful.

I don't disagree. If that Michigan DC Durkin moves on, ol' pals Scott and Jim could be reunited. The only issue that would hold that up would be Shafer's brief appearance there for a yr with Rich Rod. That was not the greatest tenure, so something to keep an eye on.

I also think Dabo give him a ring. We seemed to give Clemson fits with our attacking D, so maybe Dabo sees the huge value if his DC moves on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom