Share your Pinstripe bowl seat experience | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Share your Pinstripe bowl seat experience

for me this is easy, if its too cold for him...the kid stays home.

im not being a hardass, ive thought this out greatly. ive got Giants tickets and the boy (or girl if she wants) wont be going till they understand the ground rules completely.

i wont even be going over the ground rules till theyre 8 or 9...and at a preseason game.

Yeah, I get you on that.

I don't know how old your kid(s) are but there is nothing better than taking your son to a ballgame.

I really like taking him so I do some things differently than I would do them if I were going solo.

He got cold at the last Pinstripe game in the 3rd qtr and we simply went inside, got him some hot chocolate, warmed him up a bit and then came back out for the rest of the game. If we had been sitting outside, he would have wanted to leave.

I know that you are a Giants fan so I put it this way. I am buying tix for a December game. If I have no recourse to go indoors with him and we end up with Giants-Bills from 1990 weather (which is the worst game weather-wise I have ever sat through - I was sick through New Year's after that game), I have a problem.

I'll be interested to see if you stick to this as you kids get old enough to start coming to games with you - especially if they want to go.

Andy, I am trying to remember what suite that was. Was it the Audi suite? Anyhow, whatever it was, it was a perfect set=up. Seats both outside and inside ... and non-stop food and drink. For part of the game, I sat next to Rob Long's grandmother. Very emotional experience for her watching Rob on the field as "honorary captain" or something. (It was shortly after his brain cancer had been diagnosed).

Yes!

I think you are correct on all counts.

I forgot about the Longs- great memories.

Yes!

I think you are correct on all counts.

I forgot about the Longs- great memories.

Don't forget the What Not to Wear lady.

I think Mrs. Bayside and VA Orange knocked over Bob Costas running to meet her.

Section 230 row 2. Absolute best seats in the house, bar none. Dressed appropriately and had 2 teenagers with me and none of us were cold or had a problem. A few steps up was the hall way and food/drinks. Plenty warm there too. Field was right out in front of us. Looked a couple of times over my left shoulder and saw those wussies in the Audi Club with their noses pressed up against the glass with a glass of wine in their hand.

Yeah, I get you on that.

I don't know how old your kid(s) are but there is nothing better than taking your son to a ballgame.

I really like taking him so I do some things differently than I would do them if I were going solo.

He got cold at the last Pinstripe game in the 3rd qtr and we simply went inside, got him some hot chocolate, warmed him up a bit and then came back out for the rest of the game. If we had been sitting outside, he would have wanted to leave.

I know that you are a Giants fan so I put it this way. I am buying tix for a December game. If I have no recourse to go indoors with him and we end up with Giants-Bills from 1990 weather (which is the worst game weather-wise I have ever sat through - I was sick through New Year's after that game), I have a problem.

I'll be interested to see if you stick to this as you kids get old enough to start coming to games with you - especially if they want to go.
hey, if you want to take your kid to a game and you can get a suite, knock yourself out. imo: thats different and probably the best way to do it. my kids are 3 & 1 and born in the spring. both have likely been to Yankee Stadium to see the Bombers more times than this board has been to the Stadium combined.

baseball is baseball, football is different. and im not even talking about how you dont have to buy your kid a baseball ticket.

weather being reason 1.
a 5hour tailgate being reason 2.

i cant wait for them to go, to understand it, to understand the time invested, to want watch it regardless of the weather, to make it feel like a priviledge and yes bayside...to ultimately drive my sorry arse home!

plus for the Giants, im a little selfish. thats Daddys 8hours, 8-10x a year.

I was in the Toga area too. Good seats, wish they were closer to the 50, wish I had access to a warm area to heat up, eat at halftime, etc. Hope there is a reasonably priced option to make this happen...
Since most of us are buying tix in this area(the $5o deal), tell me a little more. No access to eat at halftime? I thought the bleachers connect to the regular concourse. I'm about to buy 30 tickets in this section, just making sure...

Basketball school. Football schools play bowl games in warm weather.

as Jim Boeheim once said " Syracuse is a football school...with a basketball complex "

Last time we sat in section 226. Good enough but being old and spoiled now it did get cold toward the end. So for this I'm hoping for something similar to what we did at Metlife against USC earlier this year with some sort of indoor access with outdoor seating Is there such a thing at yankee stadium? Please share your experiences there and what you did. Want to get a feel for whats available before starting down the road of looking for tix.
We sat behind where home plate is for yanks and in the end zone for football seats absolutely sucked but we had a great time anyway !

Sec 107 Row 25 last time- under the overhang which wasn't too bad and also probably kept us a little warmer. This is a pic off a crappy phone cam and zoomed in a little

162786_179952402028925_3642867_n.jpg

I think it was 426 and I thought the seats were great

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1355370310.725586.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1355370310.725586.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 128
I think it was 426 and I thought the seats were great

I was up in the 400s (KSU side) around the 25 yd line (about 1st Base?) and I thought the seats were decent. I had Retro next to me, had a blast.