Share your upset picks... | Syracusefan.com

Share your upset picks...

Lawrinson14

Master Image Editor
Everyone loves to pick upsets! So here's a thread where you can share the ones you picked on your brackets.

My notable upsets (based on seed):

-Baylor over Creighton
-NC State/Tennessee winner over St Louis
-Uconn over Nova
-Kentucky over Wich St (assume everyone will have this one)

Harvard over Cincy (the "too popular" pick actually happens sometimes).
N. Dakota St over Oklahoma
Tennessee to the Elite 8 over Dook & Michigan.

Everyone loves to pick upsets! So here's a thread where you can share the ones you picked on your brackets.

-Baylor over Creighton
-Uconn over Nova

I have 3 out of those 4. The only difference being I have Nova over UConn. I also like North Dakota St to take down Oklahoma, as well as St. Louis & Umass to lose to the play-in winners.

-Baylor over Creighton
-Uconn over Nova
Not to get technical but Kentucky will be a 1 pt favorite over Wichita, so not a real upset. Seed wise, it'll count though.

i think Wichita will beat Kentucky pretty easily. The UK hype has gotten insane.

I dont have alot of big upsets, but I do think Iowa State makes the F4. That wont be common.

Lawrinson14 said:
Everyone loves to pick upsets! So here's a thread where you can share the ones you picked on your brackets. My notable upsets (based on seed): -Baylor over Creighton -NC State/Tennessee winner over St Louis -Uconn over Nova -Kentucky over Wich St (assume everyone will have this one)

I actually think Kentucky getting all the love for that game (if it happens) could be tough for them. They are really fragile mentally and Wichita St got there on the backs of some serious toughness and their upperclassmen.

TBCuse11 said:
i think Wichita will beat Kentucky pretty easily. The UK hype has gotten insane. I dont have alot of big upsets, but I do think Iowa State makes the F4. That wont be common.

Haven't filled out my brackets, not even sure what kinda draw Iowa st has but I like that team a lot. I will have them making a very deep run.

I actually think Kentucky getting all the love for that game (if it happens) could be tough for them. They are really fragile mentally and Wichita St got there on the backs of some serious toughness and their upperclassmen.

There is all this hype about Kentucky taking down Wichita but will UK even beat Kansas State?

Last edited:

There is all this hype about Kentucky taking down Wichita but will KU even beat Kansas State?

UK is better than K-St so they should win. But it just seems like "that scary 8/9 seed" everyone loves always loses their 1st game - Uconn vs Iowa St a couple yrs ago, Pitt vs Wichita last yr, Arizona vs Seton Hall one year..
I might have to go K-St just because of that.

I think Tenn, if they beat Iowa will beat UMASS
I think Okl St will take out Arizona
If Pitt can make it out of the first round they will beat FLA.

and this one is a stretch, but Harvard takes out Cinc and then takes out MSU.

There is all this hype about Kentucky taking down Wichita but will UK even beat Kansas State?
Kentucky is 65% to win the K-state game based on ML

ND St over Oklahoma and Dayton in the E8. Yeah, pile on...

Since we seem to be scared of every team out there, I'm going with SU over WMU.

Round One
Pitt over Colorado
SFAustin over VCU
Providence over UNC
NDSU over Okla
Kansas St over Kentucky
ASU over Texas
Plus my two could happens: Delaware catches Michigan State gloating and turns it into a last shot game and two; I think Manhattan can beat Louisville but I don't think they will.
I just don't think this tourney's going chalk. Too much parity.