Shaugnessy not liking BC playing football in the fall | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Shaugnessy not liking BC playing football in the fall

No one is calling it a salary cap. It isn't. You can go over all you want. But
you are going to pay a lot for doing it. You are also now going to lose spots in the draft order because of going over. You are free to make light of it all you want. You aren't the one paying other owners for the right to pay your team what you want to pay them.
Then you don’t tender Jackie Bradley Jr. a contract that pays him 11 million this year.
Then you don’t give Martin Perez 6.5 million dollars.

Then you eat a portion of JD Martinez’s 22.5 Million and you tradd him.
The Sox are paying 8 million each year left of David price’s contract in that trade.

John W. Henry will spend stupidly this summer because his fanbase has major apathy for his franchise.
The level of irrelevance the franchise has in the Boston market right now is to quote Kaiser glorious.

i expect more concerned Bostonians to voice their displeasure with BC playing while every other football team in the Commonwealth is shut down. To echo many people's opinion of Boston and college football, no one cares. Not even worth the risk of trying to do this if the interest level is minus 10.

What additional risk is created by BC playing?

Then you don’t tender Jackie Bradley Jr. a contract that pays him 11 million this year.
Then you don’t give Martin Perez 6.5 million dollars.

Then you eat a portion of JD Martinez’s 22.5 Million and you tradd him.
The Sox are paying 8 million each year left of David price’s contract in that trade.

John W. Henry will spend stupidly this summer because his fanbase has major apathy for his franchise.
The level of irrelevance the franchise has in the Boston market right now is to quote Kaiser glorious.
So, they should have just released Jackie Bradley? Got it
Martin Perez was worth the risk. Someone had to pitch this year with Sale and Ed R sitting out
They aren't paying Price anything this year.
The Red Sox won zero world titles before John Henry. They have 4 now. in the last 16 years. That
is what is glorious. The Sox will be back.
Now, as for your Pats and their hooker loving owner, let's see how this all plays out now that they
don't have Brady. Yes, I know, they play in a sad sack division. But wouldn't be surprised at all if the Sox win a world title before the Pats do.
Oh, and no one wanted J.D. Martinez. There were no trade partners. It takes two to tango as they say. Proof, he didn't opt out, did he? Because half of the big leagues can't use him (that is about to change but after this year, no one would out bid them for him). Oh, and they won a world title with J.D. Unless you don't think he was vital in that either. I don't mind the Sox falling back this year one bit. Joke of a season and they were able to regroup. Now, I agree with you on one thing, the Boston media is weak. They should never let that a-hole coach get away with the we are on to Cinn. and all of the other non answers he gives. Sooner or later, sooner probably, the chickens for his horrible drafts will come home to roost. And won't the press conferences be glorious then. The only team I have ever heard of that lost not one but two #1 picks for cheating. Thank God my Giants kicked their @ss. That my friend, was glorious.

Last edited:
Reactions: cto
So, they should have just released Jackie Bradley? Got it
Martin Perez was worth the risk. Someone had to pitch this year with Sale and Ed R sitting out
They aren't paying Price anything this year.
The Red Sox won zero world titles before John Henry. They have 4 now. in the last 16 years. That
is what is glorious. The Sox will be back.
Now, as for your Pats and their hooker loving owner, let's see how this all plays out now that they
don't have Brady. Yes, I know, they play in a sad sack division. But wouldn't be surprised at all if the Sox win a world title before the Pats do.
I just laugh at this. If you were a Pats fan you would get the hatred of Henry. You don’t like the Pats so you don’t get it.
Kraft isn’t why the Patriots have won 6 Super Bowls.
Just like Henry isn’t why the Sox have won 4 titles.

Again the level of irrelevance the Sox have now is hilarious. They are less relevant than Boston College football right now:

And yes getting nothing for Jackie Bradley Jr. his last year of arbitration would have been smarter than what they ended up doing with Mookie.

Jackie Bradley Jr. is a career .235 hitter. Hitting.245 this year. His is a contract is a bad one.
That isn’t worth 11 million dollars.

They could have nontendered him and signed Kevin Pillar 4.25 million like they did.
Save that 6.75 million and other ways to get under the luxury tax.

Stupid trade of Mookie. This franchise deserves to suck and sorry but Belichick is still with the Pats. Their defense is going to be solid they won’t bottom out even though I wish they did this year.

Oh so you are good with Sam assaulting cops and then his dad uses his contacts to keep it out of the newspaper and news.

Dan Shaughnessy is everything that is wrong with the sports media.
Why so antagonistic?

Why so antagonistic?
Shank Shaughnessy is everything that is wrong with Boston sports media and what he did to coverup his son’s crimes are a joke when he mocks others. He doesn’t hestiate to attack other athletes for stuff he covered for his own son.

He is one who doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt. I have stories of stuff he has done that makes my blood boil.
Shank is the worst of the worst.
Others are just hot taking for the job Shank thinks he is a gatekeeper.

I just laugh at this. If you were a Pats fan you would get the hatred of Henry. You don’t like the Pats so you don’t get it.
Kraft isn’t why the Patriots have won 6 Super Bowls.
Just like Henry isn’t why the Sox have won 4 titles.

Again the level of irrelevance the Sox have now is hilarious. They are less relevant than Boston College football right now:

And yes getting nothing for Jackie Bradley Jr. his last year of arbitration would have been smarter than what they ended up doing with Mookie.

Jackie Bradley Jr. is a career .235 hitter.
That isn’t worth 11 million dollars.

They could have nontendered him and signed Kevin Pillar 4.25 million like they did.
Save that 6.75 million and other ways to get under the luxury tax.

Stupid trade of Mookie. This franchise deserves to suck and sorry but Belichick is still with the Pats. Their defense is going to be solid they won’t bottom out even though I wish they did this year.
I could never be a Pats fan. After what Kraft has done and the way Bill has cheated over and over again, I would be taking non stop showers. As for the Sox, they needed at least 3 outfielders this year. They didn't have that. Betts was going to go free agent. They got what they could. And I like Verdugo and have hopes for Jeter Downs. John Henry is just lucky I guess. He buys a soccer team on it's @ss and within just a few years, they have the best team in the world. What a lucky guy. Started with nothing and is a rich man. Without marrying the money. Like some people who like hookers did. The popularity of teams rotates in Boston. Always has. When I was a kid, it was the Bruins and Bobby Orr. Then the Celts and Larry Bird. The Pats have had a great run when they got lucky with a 6th round draft choice. We will now see how good Bill B is, won't we. Is he the guy with Brady or is he the guy that he was in Cleveland. Neither of us know that answer. Not yet, anyway. They do seem to have a lot of guys opt out. I always look for what is the constant. The Red Sox have 4 titles in 16 years. One ownership group. 3 different managers and 3 different G.M.s

Oh so you are good with Sam assaulting cops and then his dad uses his contacts to keep it out of the newspaper and news.

Dan Shaughnessy is everything that is wrong with the sports media.

Shank sucks.

Sam was NNHS best player destroyed ACC too for BC. Wasn’t that good in little league but destroyed college.

Sucks his dad was a huge troll and cause he’s probably playing pro ball if not.

Shanks 2 daughters were Newton Norths best softball players hands down. Ones married to my buddy.

They are a nice family. Dans content is garbage and embarrassing especially what he did to Manny Ramirez I don’t like him.

His kids are really nice people tho. Take is as you want.

The Boston Globe is a fine newspaper if you get past the generally awful sports columnists. Its investigative journalism is top notch.

What additional risk is created by BC playing?
Slim to none. Attendance will be extremely limited, at best, so there goes the argument that it can be spread by the crowd. The teams (who will only bring people who have tested negative)vwill be isolated in hotels, or maybe even in the home team's dorms since so few students will actually be on campus, so there goes the disease will be imported argument. BC is still trying to get its management and financial acts together after the disaster that was AD Gene DeFilippo (the guy who fired both Al Skinner and Jeff Jagodzinski).

that's just dumb for people to get their ---- in a wad if BC plays football or not.
People in Boston will get their ------ in a wad about literally anything you do, think, say, dream, imagine or feel. They've tried to ban tackle football. Its Boston.

Slim to none. Attendance will be extremely limited, at best, so there goes the argument that it can be spread by the crowd. The teams (who will only bring people who have tested negative)vwill be isolated in hotels, or maybe even in the home team's dorms since so few students will actually be on campus, so there goes the disease will be imported argument. BC is still trying to get its management and financial acts together after the disaster that was AD Gene DeFilippo (the guy who fired both Al Skinner and Jeff Jagodzinski).

exactly.