Sheriff's Review: Louisville vs. Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Sheriff's Review: Louisville vs. Syracuse

Good writeup. Your thoughts on Kobena are plain silly tho.

Why do you say that? You think it's ok to throw punches in the pile? I went back and watched it on replay to confirm. Just curious why you think that's silly.

I'm always open to people disagreeing, makes for a good discussion.

I just get tired of the constant sanctimonious "there's no place for that in football" cliche. It's so overused. Just hit a nerve

Good thorough dissection aside from that

Actually you could describe our team as bipolar. We clearly were full of ourselves from last weeks win and I think the players from SU lack real internal leadership as compared to last year. The coaches can only do so much but to me this was one of the few but I would say first time in 3 years our team just gave up playing during a game.

M Hay is trying to get into the record books with the most consecutive games with a personal foul and most PFs in a season. I for one will not miss him next year.

I just get tired of the constant sanctimonious "there's no place for that in football" cliche. It's so overused. Just hit a nerve

Good thorough dissection aside from that

I can understand that. It certainly wasn't as bad as the Arkansas player laying out the Vandy punt returner on Saturday.

Chakka3421: If you watched us all season our defense tends to frustrate a lot of offenses, I would bet that the Orange offense does much better vs. UConn this week. Good luck the rest of the season.

I would agree with frustration & M Hay due to his lack of talent. We see that not just against UL and always translates into PFs for him.

Simply put UL had huge energy for this game and we didn't as we played flat all game - your trench warfare beat us on both sides of the ball not just your defense - we got punched in the mouth! Our QB can't hit the broadside of a barn past 25 yards. We had you beat quite a few times but couldn't connect but that doesn't mean we would have one the game either. Good win for UL - nuff said.

Jeremiah Kobena was trying to reach in and get the ball on the outside of the pile and began striking Senorise Perry while doing so. Throwing punches is cause for ejection, I think Kobena should be aware that these games are filmed. The Big East can take action later. Kobena is a freshman, but come on, there is no room for that.

:rolleyes:

Idk, I thought what Kobena did was pretty crappy too. I was a bit surprised he didn't get tossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd just like to add a little bit on that game. Not the game really because that sucked ass, but more on my opinion of Louisville and the time I had there.

If you don't know, I troll quite a bit on 'Ville's scout board, and apparently I was courteous enough to get a "comped" tailgate. Yes. When I realized that lok K was a horse barn I arranged to meet some 'Ville scout posters, and the opposing fan wasn't charged to park or eat or drink. That is hospitality. Also the good karma seemed to work out for them...

I mean this in all sincerity when I say I am of the opinion that Louisville has just about the classiest and knowledgable fanbase there is. I for one hope that we continue to schedule them OOC now and again, if for no other reason than we've got to beat them again eventually.