Shipped out west ??? | Syracusefan.com

Shipped out west ???

OrOrange44

Walk On
Andy Katz just intoned if Carolina wins the ACC tourney they may get the east region and Cuse goes west
Was wondering why everyone thought we were a lock for the east region
The ACC always gets preferential treatment

Thoughts !!!

OO44

No more posts about this please! We are the number 1 in the east. Move on.

That would be an incredible screw job.

Also, if UNC got a 1 I'd think they'd go to Atlanta and UK would go to St. Louis; us in Boston then ? in the West.

Hathaway all but confirmed we're going there.

Andy Katz just intoned if Carolina wins the ACC tourney they may get the east region and Cuse goes west

Thoughts !!!

OO44

Andy Katz is just saying things to say things. He is smarter than those statements (at least I thought so).

Please stop with these threads. Syracuse is 31-2 and has been ranked one or two nearly all season long. UNC has 5 losses. I don't care what their SOS says, or if they win the ACC. They will not get, nor do they deserve the East. They could supplant UK in the South because UK can play closer to home in St. Louis.

Syracuse is a lock for the East and was probably seeded, along with UK, on Wednesday.

We really need to stop overreacting to these idiots on ESPN. Lunardi is the guy that knows more than Katz, and even he has us locked in the East.

Stop it. Please stop it. Lexington, Ky is technically closer to St. Louis, Mo. than Atlanta, Ga. If for some reason you want to say Syracuse falls to the 3rd 1 seed the committee wouldn't move us out West. Do some damn research. The committee would move Kentucky to the Midwest and give them Mizzou in St. Louis, put North Carolina in Atlanta, Syracuse in Boston, and move Kansas out West. We are 100% GETTING Pittsburgh-Boston. Only chance Boston was in question was losing to Louisville and then Thursday we didn't we are getting Boston.

Because we are a lock for #1 seed in the East, dont even bring up otherwise

and Andy Katz can "go kick rocks" (Thats my saying im trade marking it)

Joey Brackets: Kansas or B1G winner will go West.

SU: East
Kentucky: Midwest
UNC: South.

Zero chance

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Katz is jealous of Gottlieb. Just trying to grab some attention from Dougie.

If North Carolina wins the ACC the committee will not ship them out west, Kentucky and North Carolina will get the south and east one of the midwest teams will get the midwest. The Big East is perceived as weak and we didn't even make the championship game and looked bad in losing to Cincy that's enough reason for the committee to justify moving us. I'm not saying its right just from everything they have done in the past this should not be a surprise if it happens.

Lunardi confirmed a second ago...
1. KY Midwest
2. 'Cuse lock for East
3. North Carolina South
4. Kansas or B1G to West

Lunardi has not missed #1 seeds for last 5 years and is averaging 97% correct on total entries to dance...so lets stop this....

Put it this way: us not getting Boston would be a bigger shaft than when the committee just simply "forgot" to put us in the field when we weren't even on the bubble in 07 or 08 or whenever it was. And that was one of the biggest shafts in history.

If North Carolina wins the ACC the committee will not ship them out west, Kentucky and North Carolina will get the south and east one of the midwest teams will get the midwest. The Big East is perceived as weak and we didn't even make the championship game and looked bad in losing to Cincy that's enough reason for the committee to justify moving us. I'm not saying its right just from everything they have done in the past this should not be a surprise if it happens.
If Syracuse is the 3rd 1 seed in your scenario why would they move Syracuse out west when Lexington is closer to St. Louis and they can play there and easily have Missouri as the 2 seed there and have a local team and possible future SEC matchup. Put North Carolina in Atlanta and have SU in Boston. Instead your logic is saying let's screw over Syracuse just because and ignore the entire season. I understand some people are paranoid but COME ON when there is a remedy such as Kentucky to St. Louis, UNC to Atlanta, SU to Boston ITS OBVIOUS what is going to happen. The NCAA wants 1 of KU/Mizzou in St. Louis it doesn't care which one and putting UK in St. Louis allows the committee to slip Mizzou right there and they can justify by saying Mizzou won the BXII tourney and KU is getting the 1 out West.

Pretty sure Andy's just trying to raise the stakes of the ACC tourney to try to pump up ratings...coming out and saying UNC is the 3rd or 4th #1 and Duke is a two seed regardless of the rest of the ACC tourney wouldn't do that (even though it's true...)

I guess I don't get riled up by this stuff because if they don't talk about every possible scenario, they'll be able to fill about 30 seconds of airtime. It's their job to look at things from every possible angle.

Per Luke Winn

Friday’s loss cost the Orange the No. 1 overall seed in the bracket — that’s going to Kentucky — but they’ll still be on the top line of the East Regional, aided by partisan crowds in Pittsburgh and (as long as they get there) Boston.

Thoughts !!!

OO44

Don't blame Andy Katz for stirring things up, it sounds like it's actually OrOrange44 doing the stirring. Read the entire tweet:

Andy Katz@ESPNAndyKatz
Just finished our CBB Live show. We discussed SU to No. 1 West if UNC wins ACC. I don't think it will happen, though.

If you can't imagine scenarios life must deal an awful lot of surprises.

People simply don't seem to understand the difference between possible and probable.

It's because after a loss people always want to assign consequences to the loss. When you are as far out in front of #3 as we were going into the conference tournament...there are no consequences for the loss other than not winning the conference tournament, unless of course you were still hoping to catch Kentucky.

if we're not the 1 in the east ill never watch the ncaa tourny again.

ok i will but it would be worse than our snub in 2007.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

I just grabbed the data for a response to the "15 Games" thread. We are so far out in front of everyone it is crazy. UK has 1 loss versus our two and their loss was longer ago so they get the #1. But we are #1a guys. There is a large resume gap between us and the next possible #1.