Shocked and disappointed at the lack of support yesterday | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Shocked and disappointed at the lack of support yesterday

How about rewarding the diehard season ticket holders. Offer them a free ticket to the Pitt game for every season ticket they have purchased. Season ticket holders are the best ambassadors for the program and will drag semi interested friends and family members to the game and sell the experience. This would mostly fill the dome and sell itself. Enough of the promotions to the people who aren't really interested.

How about rewarding the diehard season ticket holders. Offer them a free ticket to the Pitt game for every season ticket they have purchased. Season ticket holders are the best ambassadors for the program and will drag semi interested friends and family members to the game and sell the experience. This would mostly fill the dome and sell itself. Enough of the promotions to the people who aren't really interested.
I think there is probably room in the strategy for season ticket rewards and casual fan incentives.

Ok. But some people here act like “casual fans” are oblivious. I suspect a lot of people knew there was a home game, and had no interest in attending. And a lot fewer people under 50 watch traditional TV or listen to terrestrial radio these days. Marketing requires a much broader, more expensive effort if you’re trying to spur casual consumer to action.
Broader and more expensive effort? Know your customer and brand and use targeted efforts. This is far cheaper than traditional tv/radio advertising. If tv/radio is cheaper for CAC, your funnel or product is broken.

Broader and more expensive effort? Know your customer and brand and use targeted efforts. This is far cheaper than traditional tv/radio advertising. If tv/radio is cheaper for CAC, your funnel or product is broken.
It's not necessarily cheaper if conversion to a real world action is the goal. Yes, running a banner add is peanuts, and its cost effective when the goal is to get someone into an online store. But running digital ads with enough scale to convert thousands of people to buy a ticket and trek to the Dome requires a real, multi-platform investment.

Embarrassing thread OP you should know better and to adjust our attendance by 10k/game or so given the pandemic/restrictions and us being the ONLY school to play indoors in the most corona sensitive part of the country.

I'm glad we have a surefire sellout and fully packed Dome game on the schedule next year in ND. The stars need to align to get 50k in the building that is just reality. Fans who have gone have been loud.

I really don't get the handwringing about attendance. All we need to do is look back a whole two years to see how the community can support the program. 2019, coming off a great season, saw attendance totals of 50K, 41K, 40K, 45K, 43K, 34K. I suspect that last game (Wake) would have been far better had we not already been eliminated from bowl contention.

Make a bowl, win the bowl, market Tucker and Shrader in the off-season, and next year's attendance will be good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom