Shocked and disappointed at the lack of support yesterday | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Shocked and disappointed at the lack of support yesterday

Not sure what you were expecting, beyond the diehards there wasn't any real buzz locally for the game and with the covid protocols a chunk of the fanbase simply isn't going to show up this year.
Highmark was quite full yesterday and they have protocols.

Nice we have aisle seats, I actually think the aisle seats right behind us are available because it’s different people every week…so you might have a chance at getting aisle seats.

they also usually sell pretty quick too if you place them up for resale if you can’t make a game
Good to know. The only game we would most likely not be able to go to is if it’s the Saturday after thanksgiving (like the Pitt game) because we’re always visiting family. Other than that though, Lord willing we’ll be at every game. I’ll be watching Cuse.com like a hawk because I want to secure ours the day they go on sale. I’ll probably message you and ask what row you’re in right before they go on sale.

Damn. I’m right above you in 333, first row. Awesome view from there

Great! I can have you toss me down a beer or two next time!

We’ve thought about switching up to the 300s in that corner a few times, but I love the people I sit around so I can’t move until they move lol!!

not 100% sure I can’t remember

I feel like maybe January or February….

tickets currently are at $125 a seat for the section I’m sitting in, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them sitting somewhere between $175-$200 a piece for next season. Just a guess in the dark on that
I think SU should make all tickets/seats free. Then graduate the costs of services. Beer or popcorn on the lower level? $5 more than current prices. Everyone has to pay $50 to $75 to get out of the Dome. You want to leave in the third quarter? $100 bucks. Be creative.

We’ve thought about switching up to the 300s in that corner a few times, but I love the people I sit around so I can’t move until they move lol!!
How could they possibly be more fun than me?

Wait… don’t answer that!

I’ll get you and Julie up there sometime. I normally have extras and the people who sit on both ends of us haven’t been there all season

That was such a perfect example of Pitt. It seems they ruin things for their conference when they win and when they lose. 2007 their 4-8 team knocking WVU out of the BCS. 2016 they could have knocked Clemson out of the playoff. And of course this year, they have that stupid loss to WMU and then a stupid loss to Miami.
People talk about crooked ACC refs (and they are), but that 2007 game vs. WVU the Big East refs were trying to hand the game to the couch burners on a silver platter and they still couldn't take it.

I think SU should make all tickets/seats free. Then graduate the costs of services. Beer or popcorn on the lower level? $5 more than current prices. Everyone has to pay $50 to $75 to get out of the Dome. You want to leave in the third quarter? $100 bucks. Be creative.

1635789157023.png

not 100% sure I can’t remember

I feel like maybe January or February….

tickets currently are at $125 a seat for the section I’m sitting in, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them sitting somewhere between $175-$200 a piece for next season. Just a guess in the dark on that
I’ve had tickets for 35 years, they have never bumped them even close to that amount. We had ND in here once before ( Thank You Walter Reyes)

One thing that is interesting about ND is we play them 3 out of the next 5 seasons. Would be pretty special if this begins a new rival organically. Once in the Dome and 2 in South Bend.

One thing that is interesting about ND is we play them 3 out of the next 5 seasons. Would be pretty special if this begins a new rival organically. Once in the Dome and 2 in South Bend.
I already know I'm making a trip to Indiana one of the two. I've always wanted to see that stadium

I already know I'm making a trip to Indiana one of the two. I've always wanted to see that stadium
My Sgt at work is a huge ND fan. He went with his boys and says it was the best time he ever had.

I’ve had tickets for 35 years, they have never bumped them even close to that amount. We had ND in here once before ( Thank You Walter Reyes)
im thinking the lowest will be 150 which would be a 25 bump

Trust me I’m aware…..

Possibly, I’m not a business degree guy but it would seem raising ticket prices dramatically after one of your worst years avg attendance would be odd. I do believe even at 150 it’s a great deal, but that’s me.

Possibly, I’m not a business degree guy but it would seem raising ticket prices dramatically after one of your week worst years avg attendance would be odd. I do believe even at 150 it’s a great deal, but that’s me.

I agree with you guys but…I think people are going to be surprised

While I agree, that also comes with winning.

Sean Tucker is two close losses turned wins away from being a national name on a 7-2, likely ranked in the CFP Poll program.

Fwiw, Tucker has been Twitter trending nationally almost every game we play. Which is no small feat considering you have to explore the sports channel wilderness to find most of our games.
I’m going to tell you , in my opinion , tucker is a throwback running back who can do what the current day game asks of RB. He gets in the hole and is hard to tackle , his legs are gigantic . And he has suck quick feet. He can juke and step out of tackles , and he has sprinter like speed from his days as a track star , he get to the edge on these screens and he jukes and goes - he’s unreal - the nfl scouts must be drooling over him

Possibly, I’m not a business degree guy but it would seem raising ticket prices dramatically after one of your worst years avg attendance would be odd. I do believe even at 150 it’s a great deal, but that’s me.
has it been one of the worst years? they are selling 30-35K every game even in these conditions. When was the last price bump? if anything they have been under pricing the cheap tickets for years. We got 7 games for the price of 6 this yr did people complain about that?

I’m going to tell you , in my opinion , tucker is a throwback running back who can do what the current day game asks of RB. He gets in the hole and is hard to tackle , his legs are gigantic . And he has suck quick feet. He can juke and step out of tackles , and he has sprinter like speed from his days as a track star , he get to the edge on these screens and he jukes and goes - he’s unreal - the nfl scouts must be drooling over him
He reminds me of Tiki Barber.

Highmark was quite full yesterday and they have protocols.

Not sure comparing SU to the Bills who went to the ACF Title game and are legit SB contenders is really an apples to apples comparison to a then .500 SU team playing a bad team on a crap weather weekend.

has it been one of the worst years? they are selling 30-35K every game even in these conditions. When was the last price bump? if anything they have been under pricing the cheap tickets for years. We got 7 games for the price of 6 this yr did people complain about that?
Did you read the last sentence of my post.

Casual fans don't have their hearts in it to get them ripped out and most of them wouldn't know what competent football is.
Casual or not when you are inside those walls you are fully emotionally and physically married to the content infront of your eyes .. casual fans most certainly do have there hearts ripped out .. you go to a few games and have fun and then you find yourself becoming a die hard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom