Shocking Number of Recent Athlete Deaths at Tommy Devito's High School | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Shocking Number of Recent Athlete Deaths at Tommy Devito's High School

2 guys I played high school baseball with passed away before they were able to finish college. Both due to car accidents years apart. Probably played with a total of 40 different guys during that time period, so the ratio isn’t that different from the Don Bosco article.

It’s very sad, but sometimes people die well before their time.

God forbid me for speaking without knowing 100% facts on all boys but some not all is related to wealthy families whose kids have access to $ and sometimes that leads down a bad road . I’ve seen 17 year olds pull up in Ferrari’s at that school .
I don't think that is a fair insinuation to make. In fact, I would argue that the bulk of the superior athletes at Bosco are likely to come from more modest means.

And the issue you mention above is not unique to Bosco but is prevalent in both the parochial and the wealthier public schools in Bergen county. Bosco certainly does not have a monopoly on spoiled kids in Bergen County.

The article, itself, is trash.

Only one of the nine seems to have a relationship to concussions caused by football and that is Schmitz.

However, that parent was also the one who spoke most extensively to the paper about her son so that case gets the bulk of the coverage in the article.

The paper does not know the reason for 4 of the 9 and the is no clear link between football (other than the opiod addiction that started with a hamstring injury - something that could happen in any sport, not just football) and the other deaths with stated causes.

Not sure why the Star Ledger decided to do a hatchet job on Bosco but they did.