Shocking Number of Recent Athlete Deaths at Tommy Devito's High School

care taker

Finally a starter
God forbid me for speaking without knowing 100% facts on all boys but some not all is related to wealthy families whose kids have access to $ and sometimes that leads down a bad road . I’ve seen 17 year olds pull up in Ferrari’s at that school .

ImperialOrange

Living Legend
That article is a jumbled mess that seemingly tries to tie in non football related issues with concussions.

That said with the type of elite athletes to go to play at Bosco and the intense desire of the kids to play, win everything, and get recruited I'm not surprised to see the numbers a bit more concentrated. Every high school football locker team in America has kids hiding concussions from coaches as well as pain killers and sketchy supplements that undoubtedly have adverse long term side effects. As an athlete you do whatever it takes to hide these things from your coaches and parents because you want to play.

We weren't very successful at my school (class of 2002) and we still had steroids, and ephedrine based supplements pretty rampant as well as requisite pill bottles to makes your body "shut up" when it was trying to tell you to stop due to pain. Sounds like a lot of kids mentioned in this article never kicked those pill bottles after the fact which is an issue that reaches far beyond football.

NJCuse97

Starter
God forbid me for speaking without knowing 100% facts on all boys but some not all is related to wealthy families whose kids have access to $ and sometimes that leads down a bad road . I’ve seen 17 year olds pull up in Ferrari’s at that school .
Having grown up in that area with a few friends who went to Bosco, I can say that some of what CT says here has merit. I can only imagine it’s worse now than when I was that age. I lost 3-4 high school classmates to similar circumstances that he infers here.

Briancuse

Living Legend
Having grown up in that area with a few friends who went to Bosco, I can say that some of what CT says here has merit. I can only imagine it’s worse now than when I was that age. I lost 3-4 high school classmates to similar circumstances that he infers here.
A lot of pressure on those kids for sure. Its like a college they are recruited and are the best of the best

Millhouse

Living Legend
these stories drive me nuts a little bit. the first thing they should do is show how unusual it would be to have that many deaths out of a school with that many boys. terrible things happen, people die in their twenties. how many above the norm are they? 1, 6? can't they start there?

dasher

Living Legend
these stories drive me nuts a little bit. the first thing they should do is show how unusual it would be to have that many deaths out of a school with that many boys. terrible things happen, people die in their twenties. how many above the norm are they? 1, 6? can't they start there?
I don't know. 9 seems way too high. I know it was back to the rev war days but I think maybe one in my high school after 5 years.

Top Bottom