Should committed Recruits take OVs to other schools | Syracusefan.com

Should committed Recruits take OVs to other schools

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
This is ok, just part of recruiting. However we have some exposure after last weekends upset of Clemson that may have open some other recruits eyes too. I don't think he is going to drift off to far anyway.
Yes, but as long as he is looking around, I hope we are, too. And we should tell him that. No reason the commitment should only go one-way.

Yes, but as long as he is looking around, I hope we are, too. And we should tell him that. No reason the commitment should only go one-way.
If he's visiting other colleges we really can't call it any sort of commitment, can we.
Its like telling your girlfriend you are totally committed to her but you want to date other women.
What?

If he's visiting other colleges we really can't call it any sort of commitment, can we.
Its like telling your girlfriend you are totally committed to her but you want to date other women.
What?
C81C973E-2148-4976-A82A-C73308BB0370.jpeg

This is the recruiting game now... The more coveted the recruit, the worse it gets...

Committing to hold a spot is commonplace, it's the school's job to keep the commit.

And, it works both ways, are the school's really held to their commitment when a better recruit comes along? Do they stop recruiting when they get a commit?

This is the recruiting game now... The more coveted the recruit, the worse it gets...

Committing to hold a spot is commonplace, it's the school's job to keep the commit.

And, it works both ways, are the school's really held to their commitment when a better recruit comes along? Do they stop recruiting when they get a commit?
here is the deal. the word commitment has a meaning. It is not a one way street. I don't want to be a program that throws a commit away because someone better comes along. If the player wants to still visit schools, he isn't committed. And the school should feel free to recruit at his position.

here is the deal. the word commitment has a meaning. It is not a one way street. I don't want to be a program that throws a commit away because someone better comes along. If the player wants to still visit schools, he isn't committed. And the school should feel free to recruit at his position.
Unfortunately that's just not how it works, for either side.

I think the coaches have a pretty good feel on how committed a kid is or isn't. Neither side has signed commitment papers so the kid is within his right to take all his ovs and the coaches have a right to recruit another prospect.

I think the coaches have a pretty good feel on how committed a kid is or isn't. Neither side has signed commitment papers so the kid is within his right to take all his ovs and the coaches have a right to recruit another prospect.
I agree with that. But, if a kid commits, and doesn't visit any schools after that, our word should be good. We accepted the verbal. Stick to it.

He's not going anywhere. Let him take his trips and relax.
Well, we as fans can't stop him from taking his trips but...I can hope that someone great comes along and takes his spot.

This is the biggest decision a young man can make. A verbal is non-binding, for both sides. Most verbals stick, I think it's about 90% (10% if it's a Rutgers verbal). let the kid be 100% sure, IMO he is pretty damn sure already that he wants to come here. Between Hendrix's commitment and the way the program is trending, I am not worried, and I am certainly not going to slam a kid for taking visits.

Well, we as fans can't stop him from taking his trips but...I can hope that someone great comes along and takes his spot.

Chill

This is the biggest decision a young man can make. A verbal is non-binding, for both sides. Most verbals stick, I think it's about 90% (10% if it's a Rutgers verbal). let the kid be 100% sure, IMO he is pretty damn sure already that he wants to come here. Between Hendrix's commitment and the way the program is trending, I am not worried, and I am certainly not going to slam a kid for taking visits.
I don't believe anyone slammed the kid, but when kids are still taking visits, they are not 100% committed. Not sure how you can deny that-How many times in College Football do you see guys take visits elsewhere and decommit. Why put our head in the sand and pretend it's not happening instead of covering ourselves? All I'm saying is tell the kid -we really like you and hope you come here and you are welcome to take other visits, but as long as you are looking around, we will do the same. I think that's pretty fair-don't know how he can argue with that and expect us to save him a spot unconditionally if he's still shopping. Though it sounds positive that he ends up here, why wait for a plan B when it's too late to get someone of similar talent.

Why should I stop? That is my opinion. Last I looked, I am entitled to it.

A kid wants to enjoy the process and you hope someone takes their spot? Harsh. If i was getting recruited, I'd be in 100%. Doesn't mean I'm not going on other visits. I get to go check on your school and watch some football for free? Sign me up.

Why should I stop? That is my opinion. Last I looked, I am entitled to it.

that's all well and good but Wallace is a blue chip linebacker prospect with a lot of offers and we're not going to rescind our offer and go find someone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom