Should committed Recruits take OVs to other schools | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Should committed Recruits take OVs to other schools

You don't need to rescind it-just keep looking around

You’ve rescinded the offer if you go out and get another another kid to take take his spot. That’s what dasher is advocating.

I’m pretty confident we don’t stop recruiting and have back up targets.

You’ve rescinded the offer if you go out and get another another kid to take take his spot. That’s what dasher is advocating.

I am advocating keeping our options open because the kid is keeping his open. Heck yes. Let's see what else is out there. And if we get someone better, Wallace opened that door. Not the Syracuse coaches.

A kid wants to enjoy the process and you hope someone takes their spot? Harsh. If i was getting recruited, I'd be in 100%. Doesn't mean I'm not going on other visits. I get to go check on your school and watch some football for free? Sign me up.
Then that isn't a commitment. You commit. You stop visiting. If Wallace or anyone else wants to visit other schools, God bless him. Go for it. He just can't be disappointed when he open up our visits to other linebackers. If one better comes along, all the better.

Think we need a "should you accept commitments from kids looking to take other visits" thread.

Then that isn't a commitment. You commit. You stop visiting. If Wallace or anyone else wants to visit other schools, God bless him. Go for it. He just can't be disappointed when he open up our visits to other linebackers. If one better comes along, all the better.
are you new to college football recruiting? Its rare to commit and NOT take all visits. Any one of us would do it, so don't get too emotional about it.

That's not the only way this plays out. If we find someone better take him, if we can't we better have a plan to take the next best player as quickly as possible. Its only fair. You don't have to tell the kid everything you're doing every step of the way. Actions speak louder than words. A verbal commitment while still taking multiple visits has a very thin margin for error. Early verbal commitments then taking all your visits does not have a 90% success rate. I don't know the exact number but its alot closer to 50-50 than I would like.

I think its quite rare to verbally commit THEN take all your visits. Normally its you make your visits then verbally commit to the college.
I don't know the current coaching staffs philosophy, but there have been past staffs who have actually encouraged kids to take their visits even if they have verballed to SU.

are you new to college football recruiting? Its rare to commit and NOT take all visits. Any one of us would do it, so don't get too emotional about it.
Yeah, I'm new. Thanks for the tip. If a kid continues to take visits, he hasn't really committed.

I don't know the current coaching staffs philosophy, but there have been past staffs who have actually encouraged kids to take their visits even if they have verballed to SU.
We have had some stupid staffs then. No wonder how records have sucked for 17 years. I don't think this is a controversial stance. If a kid wants to continue taking visits for whatever reason, he isn't totally committed to us. No problem. But don't be surprised that we are going to keep looking for people at your position. It is a two way street.

Last edited by a moderator:
ObABvuXEXP0Sk.gif

Yeah, I'm new. Thanks for the tip. If a kid continues to take visits, he hasn't really committed.

No. They are committed until they don't have an committable offer anymore or they rescind their commitment. That's it.

Babers and co. have done pretty well with recruiting. They get it and have a relationship with good communication with the kid. They've not give us a reason not to trust them, in fact - it's been the opposite.

I think a lot of people posting were not recruited athletes.

Take ALL your visits. Don't care this or that, take all of em

Why WOULDN'T you??

Free hosted VIP weekends at 5 great schools, one of which you'll attend for the next 4-5 years?
Bring it on.

Why WOULDN'T you??

Free hosted VIP weekends at 5 great schools, one of which you'll attend for the next 4-5 years?
Bring it on.

Also, didn't Fagan take all of his visits last year?

"Sure, let's get married! However, until the wedding I am going to continue going on dates"

"Sure, let's get married! However, until the wedding I am going to continue going on dates"

Dumb analogy. That’s a social norm - if it were normal to keep dating, while engaged no one would sneeze at it.

It’s pretty normal for recruits to commit and go on visits, people. You may not like it but it’s the way it is.

To me the staffs that pull offers after a kid commits and then takes visits to other schools are the insecure staffs.

Flood was famous for this and this is why he is not a head coach now

To me the staffs that pull offers after a kid commits and then takes visits to other schools are the insecure staffs.

Flood was famous for this and this is why he is not a head coach now
That is not the reason. He is not a head coach because he was a very bad head coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom