Should Cuse help UConn in 2020 and help ourselves? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Should Cuse help UConn in 2020 and help ourselves?

I would love to see our non conference schedule include game which are easy drives like UConn, Buffalo, Army, Maryland, and Rutgers.

Be VERY careful about cancelling games. You can get a reputation as an unreliable partner. We are still getting crap for cancelling @ Wyoming after playing them in the Dome. :oops:

No.

Never play them.

And nobody remembers canceling Wyoming.

That’s just stupid shlit.

We are the team Clemson fears, everyone knock off all this minor league mental inferior shlit and put on your big boy pants.

Good fluckin lord...

Push the pups for a 3-1 (or 2-0-1 at Yankee Stadium) and reschedule Liberty.

There’s no coherent reason to not play UConn if they give us favorable terms.

It’s an easy win, and money is green, which looks good next to orange.

Reactions: FAL
No.

Never play them.

And nobody remembers canceling Wyoming.

That’s just stupid shlit.

We are the team Clemson fears, everyone knock off all this minor league mental inferior shlit and put on your big boy pants.

Good fluckin lord...

We play Tulane, Akron and Central Michigan...UConn is similar dreck.

Louisiana, Ohio and Michigan.

Syracuse borders Connecticut and we already play a New England team every year.

Never play them.

Ever.

Never...EVER.
If they give us favorable terms we should play them.
It only makes sense.
2 for 1 or 1 offs are good for us.
They suck and we can get easy wins.

The days of playing them home/home should be over.

If they give us favorable terms we should play them.
It only makes sense.
2 for 1 or 1 offs are good for us.
They suck and we can get easy wins.

The days of playing them home/home should be over.
Why?

There’s cheap 2-1 wins all throughout the landscape, what advantage does Syracuse gain by playing them?

The advantage is all for them.

Never.

Why?

There’s cheap 2-1 wins all throughout the landscape, what advantage does Syracuse gain by playing them?

Never.
We can’t buy home games like Big Ten and SEC teams can
We need as many home games as we can bank
So we should sign as many two for ones that we can get. If you can’t give the two for one. That’s two home games we should do it.
I don’t want to give Western Michigan home and home give me two for one series

Why?

Never.
We are in a Southern-centric P5 conference. Our closest conference opponents are Boston and Pittsburgh. Playing Yukon with a 2 for 1 or 1 home/1 neutral at YS gives the fan base another close road trip

Plus Cuse gets to pound the schlit out of them

We can’t buy home games like Big Ten and SEC teams can
We need as many home games as we can bank
So we should sign as many two for ones that we can get. If you can’t give the two for one. That’s two home games we should do it.
I don’t want to give Western Michigan home and home give me two for one series

If UConn gives us a 2 for 1 they are dead as a football program. They would have to give every P5 team a 2 for 1 to play them. With no conference games to fill up the bulk of their home games they would be hurting.

If UConn gives us a 2 for 1 they are dead as a football program. They would have to give every P5 team a 2 for 1 to play them. With no conference games to fill up the bulk of their home games they would be hurting.
Then let them rot. We play in Boston every other year. We don’t need to play them. They need to schedule 12 games we don’t.
2 for 1 or 1 off at the Dome or move on.

Then let them rot. We play in Boston every other year. We don’t need to play them. They need to schedule 12 games we don’t.
2 for 1 or 1 off at the Dome or move on.

I don’t disagree with you, just looking at it from UConn’s perspective.

I would have no problem playing them IF it helps us schedule wise and financially AND if its what HCDB wants. That program is dead and its not coming back, no worries there. A NE independent, outside of the major powers, will never be relevant in college football during this day and age. I understand wanting to watch them slowly wither away, and I actually think us playing them would help prolong that slow death (which probably would make some happy here on the board). That said, could there be some additional positives to playing them?

- Money
- Scheduling (2 for 1? 2 for 1 for 1 played in NYC?)
- HCDB happiness - he gave a speech at a camp in Pa. earlier this summer where he preached to the kids on keeping "local" talent to stay home in the NE, this might be something of significance to him, and if it is, im all for making that man happy.
- NE/NYC recruiting another game to sell kids in NYC and the NE to keep them home so family can easily come to watch them play.
- TV? Would the game get picked up in the Tri state area ?
- Easy road trip for Syracuse fans and for expanding the fan base
- The wins would be easy and satisfying to the fan base

We are in a Southern-centric P5 conference. Our closest conference opponents are Boston and Pittsburgh. Playing Yukon with a 2 for 1 or 1 home/1 neutral at YS gives the fan base another close road trip

Plus Cuse gets to pound the schlit out of them
So we are now in favor of games at Giants and Yankee Stadium??

Look, we all know I love those, but goal should be to get people like me back to the Dome.

The Orange do not need a nutmeg road game.

We have BC, army, Rutgers and Maryland for close roadies.

There is no reason to play them.

None.

What I'm saying is if Yukon doesn't want to do a 2 for 1, offer them 1 at the Dome and 1 at YS.

YS isn't the greatest for FB but it should draw 30K in mid November (20K Cuse fans/5K Yukon/5K Casual)

UEO: Yukon isn't a P5 game. They are a dreckish mid-major game. They offer an easy road trip for the BOS to Tri-State Alumni and Upstate NY Alumni. Plus all the T-Shirt fans in the NE.

Last edited:
Playing Yukon with a 2 for 1 or 1 home/1 neutral at YS gives the fan base another close road trip Plus Cuse gets to pound the schlit out of them

Agreed. A 2 for 1 once per decade or so doesn't seem that controversial to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom