Should SU Help Compensate Our Fans Going To San Diego | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Should SU Help Compensate Our Fans Going To San Diego

if the event holders and schools were dumb enough to put a refund rider on the ticket that said if the game wasnt played on friday...you get your $$ back. then they should split the cost of the refund.

if a travel agency was dumb enough to do the same in regards to flights, hotels and tickets...then they should get screwed too.

otherwise...toughshlit.

i find this ridiculous that its being considered.

to me, this was like a baseball game.

no guarantee the game will be played the day you have a ticket for.

anyone trying to guarantee anything, is a fool and should pay.

but they shouldnt have to out of the kindness of their heart or because theres a bunch of whiney arseholes out there.

i realize obama won, but come on.

Oh Lord

Baseball games aren't promoted as being able to be moved indoors, like this game was.

Baseball games aren't promoted as being able to be moved indoors, like this game was.
then the ticket should have read: subject to a move inside OR possible postponement.

Springsteen moved his Rochester show one day due to weather...and that was inside. Wish he stayed there instead of how he spent the last couple of weeks, but that's a different story for a different board.

The best idea here is not to respond to OP. This is not a question that can be answered in such a way that it comes out anything but 50-50......lock this thread please...and i will have another Jack&Coke.
(of course you would not want to hear the legal response to this question I am sure)

I don't see why not ... they certainly had our back for the GT ticket massacre. lol

they said weeks ago that going indoors was a last resort.. if they played it inside and you paid hundreds to see it outside could you sue for loss of that experience

they said weeks ago that going indoors was a last resort.. if they played it inside and you paid hundreds to see it outside could you sue for loss of that experience
I hate that that is probably true. Way too litigious a society.

This is a great thread. On one side you have the people who are looking at things from the legal side and from the other side you have people looking at it from the goodwill side. The school, or anyone else for that matter, probably legally isn't obligated to do anything. However the last thing they want to do is to piss off their alumni base. I would love to know what they decide and if that make those decisions public.

If I was the decision maker, I would have to look at each case almost individually. Some people might not get anything. Some people might get a voucher for free round trip airfare. Everyone's "loss" is different and everyone's solution will be different. But, the last thing I would do is to piss off my alumni base.

SU didn't change the date.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

A game ticket refund probably is all that's required.

People making any expensive trek are wise to buy travel insurance.
It's usually affordable.
I even purchased insurance for expensive concert tickets just in case I can't make the show.

But...I'd like to see a lawsuit based on promises that the game would be played Friday either outdoors or in.
It might be interesting ro make it a fraud claim instead of breach of contract.
You can make the argument that if I make travel plans based on that official promise, then the game sponsors are responsible for my reasonable consequential damages based on my reliance on their material promise.
All they would possibly get would be ticket costs, and not even that, short ofcancellation. They can still travel to San Diego.
This is a microcosm of this past election and the problem with our country. The conservatives say that you should have spent you own money on insurance to cover this possibility. Others say that someone else should provide for me and cover my losses that I didn't bother to protect.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

All they would possibly get would be ticket costs, and not even that, short ofcancellation. They can still travel to San Diego.
This is a microcosm of this past election and the problem with our country. The conservatives say that you should have spent you own money on insurance to cover this possibility. Others say that someone else should provide for me and cover my losses that I didn't bother to protect.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Does politics really have to be brought into everything??? It's a ty situation for a handful of fans who bought tickets for a game they thought was going to be on Friday and is now on Sunday. I think we can all agree that sucks for them. As others have said, the university is probably not obligated to do anything, except maybe refund the cost of the ticket. However, it would be nice if there was something done by the university to compensate those who have lost a pretty penny trying to support the university. Has nothing to do with Republicans or Democrats except in your own little world.

Does politics really have to be brought into everything??? It's a ty situation for a handful of fans who bought tickets for a game they thought was going to be on Friday and is now on Sunday. I think we can all agree that sucks for them. As others have said, the university is probably not obligated to do anything, except maybe refund the cost of the ticket. However, it would be nice if there was something done by the university to compensate those who have lost a pretty penny trying to support the university. Has nothing to do with Republicans or Democrats except in your own little world.
Republicans and democrats have nothing to do with this.

its called stop being a whiny bitch, stop complaining like my 3 year old does when i wont let her watch tangled for the 9th time in a row and man up you puzzies.

since when did it become a fluckin law that when you buy a ticket to anything, that it absotively, posilutly HAS to be played at the time you bought the ticket for??

this is fluckin ridiculous!!

tough shlit!!!

this is common sense!! if you buy a ticket to an outdoor event...hey guess what jackarse, mothernature may have other plans for you. so if you are traveling far, i suggest you make contingencies.

good lord.

Oh Lord

Republicans and democrats have nothing to do with this.

its called stop being a whiny bitch, stop complaining like my 3 year old does when i wont let her watch tangled for the 9th time in a row and man up you puzzies.

since when did it become a fluckin law that when you buy a ticket to anything, that it absotively, posilutly HAS to be played at the time you bought the ticket for??

this is fluckin ridiculous!!

tough shlit!!!

this is common sense!! if you buy a ticket to an outdoor event...hey guess what jackarse, mothernature may have other plans for you. so if you are traveling far, i suggest you make contingencies.

good lord.

Oh Lord

When your 3 year old can't watch some stupid cartoon, no one is losing thousands of dollars. This situation is 100% different than a normal professional sporting event. My guess is that many of the people who bought tickets to this game and who are flying across the country for it are big-time donors to SU (or potential big-time donors to SU). As someone who has worked in higher ed fundraising since I was in college, I know that you don't piss donors off and you do whatever you can to help rectify problems. Is this really such a hard concept for people to grasp???

P.S. Your pseudo-swear words are beyond annoying.

When your 3 year old can't watch some stupid cartoon, no one is losing thousands of dollars. This situation is 100% different than a normal professional sporting event. My guess is that many of the people who bought tickets to this game and who are flying across the country for it are big-time donors to SU (or potential big-time donors to SU). As someone who has worked in higher ed fundraising since I was in college, I know that you don't piss donors off and you do whatever you can to help rectify problems. Is this really such a hard concept for people to grasp???

P.S. Your pseudo-swear words are beyond annoying.
you just dont get it.

its very fluckin simple son.

outdoor event.

mother nature could effect it.

make a contingency, since it may not get played the day you want it to.

if a big time donor is that stoopid to not understand this simple fact of life, then rip them off of all their $$$ ASAP before someone else does. because clearly, they have lost it or have no grasp of reality.

capeche??

you just dont get it.

its very fluckin simple son.

outdoor event.

mother nature could effect it.

make a contingency, since it may not get played the day you want it to.

if a big time donor is that stoopid to not understand this simple fact of life, then rip them off of all their $$$ ASAP before someone else does. because clearly, they have lost it or have no grasp of reality.

capeche??

I see that you fully understand the nuances of fundraising. Well said...

I see that you fully understand the nuances of fundraising. Well said...
It's a good thing you don't have NFL seasons. Would you ask to be reimbursed if your 1 or 4 game got flexed to Sunday night?

It's a good thing you don't have NFL seasons. Would you ask to be reimbursed if your 1 or 4 game got flexed to Sunday night?

Apples to Oranges again. Not only are you talking about a professional team, but you are talking about a game being moved several hours, not days.

Anybody with an ability to capture the game and upload it to a torrent site? I just found out this was moved to Sunday and it's my turn to cover the weekend afternoons at my job. I'm none too pleased :bang:

Anybody with an ability to capture the game and upload it to a torrent site? I just found out this was moved to Sunday and it's my turn to cover the weekend afternoons at my job. I'm none too pleased :bang:
Yo Frenchie...if you wanted any sympathy you came to the wrong thread...can't watch the game - boo hoo. Try not watching the game with no arms or legs, like some of our vets, you little whiner.

who were stressed financially by the change from a Friday to a Sunday game this weekend?

We are only talking about a couple of hundred fans.

Most of the well-heeled folks and some of the not so well-heeled probably wouldn't apply.

I think that loyal fans who were hurt big time, $$$ wise by the change, which was never explained beforehand, should be taken care of by SU.

Set a deadline for application, require vouchers for the money lost & extra money spent.

Set up a compensation system with different tiers.

The university has enough resources where it wouldn't cost them a dime.

For example:

If the person lost $500 offer season tickets in the third level. Even though some of these people probably already have season tickets it's always nice to have extras for family & friends.

For those people who live far away from Syracuse, an autographed Jim Boeheim Hall of Fame basketball could be among some of the goodwill items SU could send.

Here is one example cited by Donna Ditota, of how this change in date affected one fan:

"She had a commitment she could not break for Sunday. And even if she failed to honor that commitment, it would cost $900 to re-book a flight that originally cost about $200, she said. Hotel reservations made on Priceline.com were non-refundable. All that Barrow and Henry-Wagner managed to recover from their initial $500 investment is the $150 it cost for tickets, which San Diego State said it would refund."

I'd be interested in your thoughts.

This is a great chance for Syracuse University to show loyal fans that they truly care for them.

I agree. SU dropped the ball on this one and stabbed some of its best fans in the back with a thoughtless gesture.

It wouldn't be so bad if a) the tickets weren't so expensive and b) they hadn't announced that in the event of bad weather, the game would be played on the same day indoors. That gave people concerned about possible problems with the weather the assurance that they would get to see SU play no matter what.

Any well run business knows that to succeed, you have to keep your word to your customers. If you have to break it, you can't do it a couple of days before the game.

An autographed ball won't cover the losses some of the unfortunate people who trusted the SU athletic department and got burned, but it at least acknowledges the enormous mistake that was made. Hopefully we don't lose some of these fans forever because of this debacle.

Yo Frenchie...if you wanted any sympathy you came to the wrong thread...can't watch the game - boo hoo. Try not watching the game with no arms or legs, like some of our vets, you little whiner.

Not looking for any sympathy nor giving a flying about your opinion, so you can kiss my ass Sgt. I'm asking if someone may be able to do a favor and cap the game.
Are you picking on me for any particular reason or just because my username has French in it? Xenophobic loser!

Apples to Oranges again. Not only are you talking about a professional team, but you are talking about a game being moved several hours, not days.
but the game was at 1 and my flight was for 8 and now im also out a hotel!!!

same thing.

cant believe people are crying for compensation.

weak

I'm giving you bonus points for the reaction this got.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom