Should we just bring Men and Women back? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Should we just bring Men and Women back?

Serious question, what good does it do to do this? If you want to support a woman’s sport now you have to buy a whole new shirt instead of a simple syracuse orange shirt

Syracuse Orange humans?

it would at least clear up the fruit misnomer
I'm not trying make this political, but would that make us the Syracuse Donald Trumps?

Yes. I knew you would appreciate the Greek myths. The gods of those days came down from Olympus for "recreation".
I don't know about the gods coming down from Olympus for recreation, but I used to go up to Mt. Olympus for recreation when the dorms were all female. ;)

Yeah, having one branding instead of two is way easier to manage. Being just the "Orange" means that floorboards and signage don't have to be changed, fan bases don't have to be segregated, and apparel is catch all. Much easier to function that way.

Agree. I didn't care for the change at all at first, but I get it now.

Serious question, what good does it do to do this? If you want to support a woman’s sport now you have to buy a whole new shirt instead of a simple syracuse orange shirt

There's always the option to buy gear that just says "Syracuse" or "Cuse".

FWIW most of my non Syracuse fan colleagues still refer to our football team as the Orangemen. Something to be said for lasting brand recognition.

There's always the option to buy gear that just says "Syracuse" or "Cuse".

FWIW most of my non Syracuse fan colleagues still refer to our football team as the Orangemen. Something to be said for lasting brand recognition.
Where do you live? Anytime someone says it here in Florida it’s just the “Orange” And a mention of the fruit

Serious question... what was the last P5 program to change their colors? Pro sports we see it ALL the time ... but college? Curious

Where do you live? Anytime someone says it here in Florida it’s just the “Orange” And a mention of the fruit

Pennsylvania. Group that refer to us as Orangemen range from 20s to 50s and are fans of Maryland, BC, Michigan, Penn State, etc.

Probably a regional thing wherein the Northeast football fans remembers Syracuse being very good and also not having a citrus state affiliation. Presume Miami fans of a certain vintage remember us as well as Gator fans but admittedly has been far too long since we've mattered outside the region.

The Cowboys aquamarine reminds me of glacial ice. Thought it would be a cool primary color for a cold Northern school.
Hmmm...Interesting. It reminds me of a bunch of coke snorting, steer rapists.

As long as we don't bring back the 'Dome Walk' ala Gerg...ugh
I liked the Dome Walk. It gave me the opportunity to see players up close. It probably increased Quad traffic to the various tents. Several schools have a walk to their stadium.

Okay, our branding shouldn't stop us from verbally calling the men Orangemen and the women Orangewomen.
At least we don't face the awkward problem of universities using the name "Bulls" or "Dogs!" ;)

Orange (he/him) and Orange (she/her)
Don't you really need at least one more option, Orange (they/them) especially for our furry little Orange friend.

I liked the Dome Walk. It gave me the opportunity to see players up close. It probably increased Quad traffic to the various tents. Several schools have a walk to their stadium.
That was the Quad walk. What I am referring to is that horrible entrance where the players literally walked out of the tunnel arms intertwined i think, or maybe they were slow clapping, i don't remember exactly and can't find a clip. Someone help me out here, who's got a link to the worst entrance in college football history?

DG actually hired midgets, made them put on face makeup and tortured then until they knew the Kiss songbook front to back...those were the days.

Serious question... what was the last P5 program to change their colors? Pro sports we see it ALL the time ... but college? Curious
Notre Dame changed their name from the Catholics to the Fighting Irish I think in the 20/30’s. Not sure about color scheme but it probably wasn’t green before the change?

Stupid gross and Nike. I blame them. I would go back to Orangeman and orangewomen in a second