Shrader doesn't throw well enough to beat very good teams | Syracusefan.com

Shrader doesn't throw well enough to beat very good teams

Millhouse

Living Legend
Stay healthy, beat vt, bc, Pitt, wake, win a bowl game against a decent team and the season will be fun enough

chances are we aren't beating really good teams anyway and he's very good against the teams they can beat so I will forget about this pretty quickly

Stay healthy, beat vt, bc, Pitt, wake, win a bowl game against a decent team and the season will be fun enough

chances are we aren't beating really good teams anyway and he's very good against the teams they can beat so I will forget about this pretty quickly
Especially when he’s concussed fighting through it (unwisely May I add)

Doesn't read well, doesn't throw well, and tends to cough it up when he tries to do too much running in traffic. Still, he's proven better than our other options.

But, agree, we will all forget about this if he can lead us to all those victories you mention.

But, I don't see him finishing the season. He took a big shot and was clearly fogged up. Bigger hits are coming. If he can survive through FSU, perhaps there is a chance he will finish the season.

I just hope we improve over last season,

I have seen this a couple of times, where is it confirmed that he had a concussion? And if he did, why was he on the field? You don't fool around with that.
Yep of course but The kids tough as nails, say’s nothing, it’s frankly hard to tell when someone is mildly concussed, so goes through the motions (thus the flat performance).

There’s Too much going on to notice in game, then Post game when they get a longer look, something’s Off.

Last edited:
Yep of course but The kids tough as nails, say’s nothing, it’s frankly hard to tell when someone is mildly concussed, so goes through the motions (thus the flat performance).

There’s Too much going on to notice in game, then Post game when they get a longer look, something’s Off. Nobody will say anything then we’ll see he won’t play against unc (likely). Heard this post game.
Heard post game from who is the question? A team dr.? Okay. A couple of fans passing by during the exit from the Dome, different story. Very easy to get a game of telephone with something like this. I guess we will know soon enough.

I want to disagree with this but theres got to be a reason the only time he throws downfield it's along the sidelines.

Heard post game from who is the question? A team dr.? Okay. A couple of fans passing by during the exit from the Dome, different story. Very easy to get a game of telephone with something like this. I guess we will know soon enough.
Someone in our core group of fine mess/SyraCruz tailgate group who’s very much connected to know based on internal connections

This. But add Ga Tech who I thought was decent but then shat the bed at home today against Bowling Green.

Yeah, I'm not talking about those plays. He doesn't throw the ball well, he holds on to it too long, he's not accurate, and he makes shaky decisions with the ball. doesn't mean he's not a good player because he is but it creates a ceiling for the team.
He was under tremendous pressure today - applied by some great athletes.

His receivers couldn't get separation.

His TD throw to Laquint Allen was really good.

I'm okay with his ceiling,

Yeah, I'm not talking about those plays. He doesn't throw the ball well, he holds on to it too long, he's not accurate, and he makes shaky decisions with the ball. doesn't mean he's not a good player because he is but it creates a ceiling for the team.
I also think too... these opening drives where he's running the ball don't do him any favors.

He seems to get in to better rhythm when he gets some early throws in.

That he does not have great arm talent has always been true. Today Clemson’s Dline dominated and took away what they are good at.

They can beat very good teams, they are going to have their biggest problem with teams that can physically dominate the line.

i thought the only way they would win was a 17-13 kind of game.

I also think too... these opening drives where he's running the ball don't do him any favors.

He seems to get in to better rhythm when he gets some early throws in.
Eh. Do what you're good at from the start. For him it's running around, holding the ball too long and making me do the History of the World nononononoYes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom