Shrader interview today on ESPN radio Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Shrader interview today on ESPN radio Syracuse

IMO that doesn't make much sense. Not everyone would have been able to play sick. A few players wouldn't be able to go. I don't recall anyone being out. Also if kids where sick that gives Dino MORE reason to take out the starters in the 4th Q. Putting players out there who are sick and down 38-3 is dangerous.

I feel like this is an internet rumor trying to explain the What loss.

EDIT

Cunningham did not play the 4th Q. Louisville called off the dogs. There was no reason for us to play our starters after that point. If they were sick on top of this, that is totally irresponsible of DIno. If the team was sick that helps explain why we stunk, but it makes Dino's decision making much worse.
Babers said punter was sick all week and that's why he missed game

So we did quit, but we didn’t quit? I am just confused by the first part.

He allowed the players to not quit but the coaches did quit with their play calling. We didn't try. So if you aren't trying why send the kids back out?

Got away with it (no injuries) but it is questionable even if Tucker wanted to play it to the bell. Get the starters out, give the second team kids some time. If you are a players’ coach, give the second team kids a chance when the game is far out of reach.
Exactly. I agree with this take too… Both sides of this argument are fine.

Which is why it’s weird for folks to be to overly critical.

Got away with it (no injuries) but it is questionable even if Tucker wanted to play it to the bell. Get the starters out, give the second team kids some time. If you are a players’ coach, give the second team kids a chance when the game is far out of reach.
Dino said in one of the pressers that he was going to take Tucker and the first string out but Tucker told Dino he wanted to stay in. The two had a private conversation so Dino could understand what Tucker was trying to do. After that he let Tucker stay in and Dino said he wasn’t going to play Tucker without the first string QB and O-line.

Consider it right or wrong but that is the story as told by Dino.

He allowed the players to not quit but the coaches did quit with their play calling. We didn't try. So if you aren't trying why send the kids back out?
I don’t think that’s a proper conclusion for that stage in the game. There are no plays that can score us 30 points at a time. It may have just to set the tone for practice or the next game.

Ok heres the scoop.
As we all know as the Nation knows Dino is exceptional at in game decisions.
He decided to take the first team out which seemed like the right decision but after a quick check of HOMER chapter 5 ( players coach) he called a TO in his head actually 2 TOs as the 1st team wasnt ready to go back in after the first ( some delay from Gilbert on the personnel package) and against all common sense went full HOMER full La Familia again proving that a HC with 1 winning season in 6 who somehow negotiated the most lucrative contract in the History of Syracuse University knows more than we do.

I wasn't really questioning your info. I was questioning Dino playing till the end with a flu ridden team. Even healthy having Shrader and Tucker in there the whole game is a bad move. With guys not 100% it makes the move even worse.
I agree

Is this interview on line ?
Here is the NC State week press conference which also includes some Louisville post game thoughts. Comments on Tucker etc staying the game begin at 14:00.

We ran 4 plays in 2 mins. We weren't trying to score. So the coaches did quit. Dino has quit in much closer games, yet down 41-3 and with a team not 100% physically it is the time to not quit? Especially when you only have 2 games left to make a Bowl? It was a really bad decision to not take Shrader and Tucker out with 12 mins left. Even worse decision with 2 mins left. Even worse decision if the kids were sick.
If it's debatable, it's only because no one got hurt (as far as we know). If Tucker or any of our top players get hurt, no one would debate it, especially when we're using the whole play clock the whole 2nd half, anyway.

Best player on the field didn’t want to quit in the 4th. Dino honored his leadership by leaving in the whole 1st team.

It’s. Fine.
I vaguely remember that Shafer leaving Dungey in the Louisville game was when you finally jumped off the train with him. I guess you have changed your perspective on this?

I vaguely remember that Shafer leaving Dungey in the Louisville game was when you finally jumped off the train with him. I guess you have changed your perspective on this?
Dungey getting hurt had tanked the season prior and if I recollect he was hurt on and off that year.

It wasn't *the* reason. I've been super consistent on this. I support the coach until I've lost faith that they are capable of our goals. Shafer had reached that point, Dino has not. Yet.

Tucker is trying to lead the country in rushing. Everyone assumes he will leave after 3 yrs.. He was an ankle tackle away from breaking a couple of those last runs.. he also wanted to get his 100.. As a player with goals I get it. As a coach maybe not the smartest thing but if your leader wants to play and the team wants to support it i guess you can ride with that.

Tucker is trying to lead the country in rushing. Everyone assumes he will leave after 3 yrs.. He was an ankle tackle away from breaking a couple of those last runs.. he also wanted to get his 100.. As a player with goals I get it. As a coach maybe not the smartest thing but if your leader wants to play and the team wants to support it i guess you can ride with that.

He's down to 3rd after the CMU guy ran wild last night. He needs about 155 against the 10th ranked rush defense (who gives up 100 per game) to catch up. Who doesn't love a challenge?

Have to assume Walker's numbers will be down against Ohio State, the #14 rush defense in a game where MSU is likely playing catch up.

Best player on the field didn’t want to quit in the 4th. Dino honored his leadership by leaving in the whole 1st team.

It’s. Fine.

Lol.

Interesting DB said for those that show up to practice Tuesday it will be interesting. Sounds like he knew already guys were leaving.