Shy Ineligible | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Shy Ineligible

Just so you all understand while Shy struggles with his learning disability we don’t fault the school for this. He had resources in place and used them. He needs to focus more and football season makes that tough. The bowl season made it even tougher during finals. He will take care of this and return to Syracuse with only a internship needed to finish his degree. Hopefully that will take place this summer and fall and he is on the field with his teammates for it.

I truly hope this happens. He absolutely deserves it.

Just so you all understand while Shy struggles with his learning disability we don’t fault the school for this. He had resources in place and used them. He needs to focus more and football season makes that tough. The bowl season made it even tougher during finals. He will take care of this and return to Syracuse with only a internship needed to finish his degree. Hopefully that will take place this summer and fall and he is on the field with his teammates for it.
I truly feel he will get this done. Just another obstacle so that when he is finished and he looks back he can be proud of what he fought thru. Tell him think positive and get it done as I know he will.

Not sure if I read the end of that article correctly. Assuming Shy returns, we would only be at 79 scholarships?

Where did you get 79 from?

The workload of a college athlete is crazy anyhow. Having to do all of that with a LD must be just insanely hard. I have no doubt he'll knock those classes out, and we'll ALL be going crazy in the stands when he runs back on the field this fall. That's a strong young man that can do anything he puts his mind too, and a lot of that is the support he gets from you guys at home.

Where did you get 79 from?
"Currently, the program is at 82 scholarships counting players with eligibility to return and the 17 prospects that were signed in December. That number does not include Cullen, outgoing transfers Chance Amie and Devin Butler or offensive lineman Colin Byrne, who said he will not return for his fifth season."

"Currently, the program is at 82 scholarships counting players with eligibility to return and the 17 prospects that were signed in December. That number does not include Cullen, outgoing transfers Chance Amie and Devin Butler or offensive lineman Colin Byrne, who said he will not return for his fifth season."

64 players returning + 17 signed NLI's + Hewett = 82 scholarships in use.

I think you are reading it wrong. Right now the returning number is 64 which doesn't include the above mentioned players.

I think you are reading it wrong. Right now the returning number is 64 which doesn't include the above mentioned players.
Probably. So the 64 number already factors in that Shy, Amie, Butler and Byrne are not returning?

Probably. So the 64 number already factors in that Shy, Amie, Butler and Byrne are not returning?
Yes...with the exception that Shy will be back sans scholarship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom