SIAP- Carmelo not getting along | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SIAP- Carmelo not getting along

4-19 with that on that roster is just inexcusable. Fisher is getting on the job training.
If the NYK could trade Melo I would. This team just isn't clicking. If not Melo I Buyout JR Smith today.
Without Melo that team won't win 10 games...truly an awful collection of no talent parts. He takes a ton of shots because he's the only one who can score. He's getting a bad rap. I'd love to see him get to better team but that ship has sailed.

jncuse said:
Knicks better start winning next year. They gave up their 1st rounder next year for Andrea Bargnani. LOL Knicks

Is it protected? Lol them if it isn't.

I don't think the '94 Bulls would've beaten the Rockets. Not that they played often, but the Rockets used to get the best of them in those years even when Jordan was playing.
Not true. That year they split two games evenly...winning by 6 and losing by 7.

Without Melo that team won't win 10 games...truly an awful collection of no talent parts. He takes a ton of shots because he's the only one who can score. He's getting a bad rap. I'd love to see him get to better team but that ship has sailed.
No part of that post is accurate.

Pippen is much more than a top 50 player (it was 94, not 93) but i think we pretty much agree.

I've watched a ton of Knicks games this year; it's gotten better lately but they've taken way too many mid range jumpers. (this is from about 3 weeks ago, it's gotten better, but check the Knicks shot distribution https://twitter.com/edkupfer/status/534527733171101698)
Again...not the system. It's the players. I pretty much agree, though.

Dion isn't the answer to anyone's problems. He has talent, but he also has issues.

Maybe Phil Jackson could visit the team and use his zen powers to bestow upon them whatever he did to manage Dennis Rodman?

Maybe Phil Jackson could visit the team and use his zen powers to bestow upon them whatever he did to manage Dennis Rodman?
Dennis Rodman was never hard to "handle" as a player. Mostly, teams got tired of the off the court circus. He brought the same things to the court for every team he played for, starting before Jackson ever coached him. He got two rings with Detroit, first. He was also recognized as DPOY, I believe.

Not true. That year they split two games evenly...winning by 6 and losing by 7.

I said "those years, including when MJ played" meaning early 90's.

Say 1991 to 1995. The Rockets won most of those matchups. They would've been a really tough matchup for the Bulls in the 94 finals, if the Bulls had gotten there.

Calderon is the only other guy that's an NBA caliber starter, and he's not even playing well yet.

Amare is still good, but is limited.

Shumpert would be a 7th-8th man on most good teams. Everyone else sucks.

Dennis Rodman was never hard to "handle" as a player. Mostly, teams got tired of the off the court circus. He brought the same things to the court for every team he played for, starting before Jackson ever coached him. He got two rings with Detroit, first. He was also recognized as DPOY, I believe.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge Phil Jackson fan or anything, but I think he manged to do a few things alright at least as a coach. If he duped SI to get on the cover being proclaimed a zen master, then so be it.

Trade someone for Dion? :)
Then we might really see or hear of punches thrown. Cavs need a stud to block shots and protect the rim, who are they gonna get from the Knicks, Harthorne Wingo?

Then we might really see or hear of punches thrown. Cavs need a stud to block shots and protect the rim, who are they gonna get from the Knicks, Harthorne Wingo?

Wingo was before my time, so maybe Oakley or Anthony Mason? I get your point though. Maybe one of those 3-way trades? I was just having a fantasy, kind of like Corky did on that show "Life Goes On" where he ran for a touchdown on monday night football, with Frank, Al, and Dan on the call. I think mine is at least slightly more possible though.

It's all BS. Melo's not getting frustrated. Why would he be? After all, he knows that Phil has a plan. That's why he resigned with the Knicks, Phil's plan. Give him a year or two (Melo certainly has enough time on his career clock), and the Knicks will be winning championships. All will be well with the Knicks.

sufandu said:
It's all BS. Melo's not getting frustrated. Why would he be? After all, he knows that Phil has a plan. That's why he resigned with the Knicks, Phil's plan. Give him a year or two (Melo certainly has enough time on his career clock), and the Knicks will be winning championships. All will be well with the Knicks.

The 76ers have a plan as well (further along and better plan) and MCW is frustrated as hell, how can't Melo not be frustrated.

The 76ers have a plan as well (further along and better plan) and MCW is frustrated as hell, how can't Melo not be frustrated.
Sarcasm my friend. He probably is frustrated. But he shouldn't be, because he should've seen it coming. The rest of the world did. He signed on for exactly this. It's not as if he didn't have options to go to better teams. Every time he get's frustrated he needs to take a look at his bank account.

Knicks fans (and more specifically Knicks411 ) would you trade for 2015 1st pick unprotected for Rajon Rondo?

Rondo is probably going to get traded. I don't see Boston keeping him. He is one of the two elite FAs this offseason the Knicks could get. If he goes FA he may not get to NYK, but if you trade for him and sign him to an extension it could happen. Would trade for Rondo for the future or just gamble in free agency?

Knicks fans (and more specifically Knicks411 ) would you trade for 2015 1st pick unprotected for Rajon Rondo?

Rondo is probably going to get traded. I don't see Boston keeping him. He is one of the two elite FAs this offseason the Knicks could get. If he goes FA he may not get to NYK, but if you trade for him and sign him to an extension it could happen. Would trade for Rondo for the future or just gamble in free agency?

NOPE

Was having this debate with my buddy today, interestingly enough.
I don't think there are a lot of extension possibilities anyway, so even if you traded for him, he's going to hit the FA market (would need to check the salary cap FAQ but I am like 99% sure an extension is a non starter)
I'm not even sure I'd want to give Rondo a max. He's just such an odd player; really good at some aspects and poor at others. I also don't want to hold this against him, but even the good Boston teams had generally poor offenses (they finished 6th in 2009 and 10th in 2008; other than that average or below every year). I'm also not sure how a PG who can't really shoot fits with the triangle we seem determined to run.

Def a good player, and I could probably talk myself into him as a FA, but the pick this year is probably our best chance to get a star player, especially at a reduced cost.

Watch.

Gonna win the lottery (The worst team never wins, it's usually the 3rd or 4th worst team) which is prob where we will end up in the end.

Take Okafor #1. Add him to Melo. Keep young pieces like Shumpert, Hardaway and Larkin also Cleanthony Early.

Knicks will get Marc Gasol. Have a solid already PG in Calderon. Fill in the rest of team around.

Now were going someplace.

Knicks will be a contender before the Lakers, and Celtics will again.

^ I was gonna ask who or what it would take to put the Knicks over the top?

Rondo is definitely an anomaly in the league but he would obviously be an upgrade. All the top teams have a top tier pg. Melo still needs to play better. If he's having one of those 7/19 shooting nights you gotta be able to impact the game in other departments. No reason he should be a 6.5 career rebounder. I know he's never really had a great complimentary player but it's not like he didn't bring any of this upon himself. Couldn't wait half a season for the bright light? I think he's a top 50 guy but I'm pretty tired of defending him

CuseHulk said:
Watch. Gonna win the lottery (The worst team never wins, it's usually the 3rd or 4th worst team) which is prob where we will end up in the end. Take Okafor #1. Add him to Melo. Keep young pieces like Shumpert, Hardaway and Larkin also Cleanthony Early. Knicks will get Marc Gasol. Have a solid already PG in Calderon. Fill in the rest of team around. Now were going someplace. Knicks will be a contender before the Lakers, and Celtics will again.

Problem is, are those young pieces any good?

The plan you have in place looks good to be close or just in the playoffs, but extremely far away from a title. By the time enough pieces are put together Melo is at the twilight at his career.

The Knicks are 4 years away at least.

Melo is going to end up as Bernard King 2.0. This isn't an insult either. The Nard Era was the bridge before the Ewing Era.
Melo is a great scorer a la King but he isn't an elite player that makes you an automatic title contender. Paul Pierce was slightly below Melo's level and he needed KG/Ray Allen/young players Rondo/Perkins/vets PJ Brown/James Posey.
If Melo wants to win a title it won't be in NY most likely. Marc Gasol is supposedly the Spurs FA target. Kevin Love will resign in Cleveland and that will leave Rajon Rondo. I brought up trading for him so he doesn't sign with the Lakers.
None of the picks in this year's draft are instant impact guys like Anthony Davis.

Melo is going to end up as Bernard King 2.0. This isn't an insult either. The Nard Era was the bridge before the Ewing Era.
Melo is a great scorer a la King but he isn't an elite player that makes you an automatic title contender. Paul Pierce was slightly below Melo's level and he needed KG/Ray Allen/young players Rondo/Perkins/vets PJ Brown/James Posey.
If Melo wants to win a title it won't be in NY most likely. Marc Gasol is supposedly the Spurs FA target. Kevin Love will resign in Cleveland and that will leave Rajon Rondo. I brought up trading for him so he doesn't sign with the Lakers.
None of the picks in this year's draft are instant impact guys like Anthony Davis.

The Spurs need Duncan and Manu to retire to have a shot at Gasol (which could happen, just saying. Also why they didn't extend Leonard)

Melo is far better than Bernard, and Im a huge Bernard fan.

this offense doesnt need a PG, it needs a C, rebound grinders and shooters.

right now all the Knicks have is 1 of the 10 best players in the sport.

Amare is good on O when he gets the ball 1st, but other than that...hes a disaster. cant move and why even bother discussing his D...