Sidibe Update | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sidibe Update

So this is AO injury all over again. I wonder if Sidibe plays again the rest of the year. We are literally just a decent center away with this group. That is it.

No idea why they even announced he was close a fe weeks ago, clearly he's no where near ready and with his chronic knee issues it was clear this was gonna take months not weeks.

Feels like it’s just not going to happen this year, doesn’t it?

No it sure doesn't. You don't want anyone having a knee injury but for a guy like Sidibe that was the absolute last thing he needed with his issues. I never had a doubt he was gonna miss a ton of time based on his history with chronic knee issues. At this point he seems doubtful to make it back anywhere close to 100%.

No it sure doesn't. You don't want anyone having a knee injury but for a guy like Sidibe that was the absolute last thing he needed with his issues. I never had a doubt he was gonna miss a ton of time based on his history with chronic knee issues. At this point he seems doubtful to make it back anywhere close to 100%.

I'm a huge Sidibe fan but I also think maybe it's time to hang them up and focus on his degree. Super smart kid who no doubt will be a success off the court. Being so injury prone it's not going to miraculously get better. These things will longer.

I wish someone would ask the obvious question-Jim, so why do you keep bringing in Centers that are "too small"?

Isaiah Stewart
Kofi Cockburn
Kai Jones
Qudus Wahab
Hunter Dickenson
Cliff Omoyuri
Mac Etienne

Why do we bring in centers that are too small? Because it seems like those are the only ones who want to come here. :(

I wish someone would ask the obvious question-Jim, so why do you keep bringing in Centers that are "too small"?
He got a grant from the World Nutrition Association. Their goal is to experiment with the inability of populations over 6’7” to weigh more than 150 pounds.

They aren't going to bring Sidibe back until he is 100%. He could probably play now, but why risk a setback early in the season.

Isnt it kind of his job to get these guys “ready” to at least be serviceable and be out there to take up space? I understand some of that is between the ears but come on

No idea why they even announced he was close a fe weeks ago, clearly he's no where near ready and with his chronic knee issues it was clear this was gonna take months not weeks.
Exactly. At least quit stating he’s a game time decision when he’s not even close.

I really thought Sid was poised for a really good senior year. The lack of a true center—who can protect the paint and the rim and grab rebounds—is what’s most hurting us this season. So disappointing, considering how well Sid played the last 10 games of last season.
He is/was a big part of the team's plan for success this season.

He is/was a big part of the team's plan for success this season.
Agreed. And I get that the staff tried to bring in an experienced backup by going after Tape (he shoulda come here), Haarms and others. but nothing materialized. So they went after Anselem when he reclassified. Meanwhile, UNC brings in a top 25 center recruit in Sharpe, even though they already have a big center on the roster in Bacot, who had a really solid freshman year. Why can’t we recruit a backup with a little beef?

Agreed. And I get that the staff tried to bring in an experienced backup by going after Tape (he shoulda come here), Haarms and others. but nothing materialized. So they went after Anselem when he reclassified. Meanwhile, UNC brings in a top 25 center recruit in Sharpe, even though they already have a big center on the roster in Bacot, who had a really solid freshman year. Why can’t we recruit a backup with a little beef?
That’s has been a problem for years now..

We certainly miss Sid on the glass but he wasn't/isn't a great rim protector. Also if JBA is too small, why exactly is he on the team?
I keep wondering how our offense would look if Sid was healthy. He’s not a big contributor on that end, so that mea someone who does contribute big points would sit. That would be a tough balancing act for JB.

I keep wondering how our offense would look if Sid was healthy. He’s not a big contributor on that end, so that mea someone who does contribute big points would sit. That would be a tough balancing act for JB.

I think that Griffin is the likely one to lose minutes against Bigger teams. You go with Marek in that place and you can get more on the offensive boards and limit the opportunities on D. Plus you don't lose a ton in transition given Sidibe gets down the court very quickly. Unfortunately I don't think it will ever matter this year. Sounds like he is basically done.

I don’t get the Bol part. He was first one off the bench for awhile. Now he is too small? He looks bigger than all the others

Apparently Marek is really 240 and 7-0 since JBA is too small...

I really thought Sid was poised for a really good senior year. The lack of a true center—who can protect the paint and the rim and grab rebounds—is what’s most hurting us this season. So disappointing, especially considering how well Sid played the last 10 games of last season.

And figured one of the three other 5s on the roster would step up. Wonder how much the missed practices (and Frank's COVID issue) hurt their development and ability to contribute at this point.

Frank doesn't look too small. Sid is the right size. Injuries and illness. I thought Edwards and Bol Ajak were always seen as longer development guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom