Sidibe Update | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Sidibe Update

We wanted Tape, then Frank - this was with JBA and Edwards on the roster. If they had faith in them they wouldn’t have gone after those guys.

Bourama got hurt, Frank had COVID issues, so here are. This is usually what end of the roster scholarship guys look like. I’m sure they hoped maybe they could contribute.

With the transfer portal how it’ll be next year, I bet wego hard after a 5 who’s ready right away. Only question who from the current group stays?

We wanted Tape, then Frank - this was with JBA and Edwards on the roster. If they had faith in them they wouldn’t have gone after those guys.

Bourama got hurt, Frank had COVID issues, so here are. This is usually what end of the roster scholarship guys look like. I’m sure they hoped maybe they could contribute.

With the transfer portal how it’ll be next year, I bet wego hard after a 5 who’s ready right away. Only question who from the current group stays?
I sure hope Frank stays. I love his potential.

I would expect 2 of the 3 to leave.

With the NCAA ruling granting an extra year to everyone there is going to be a significant scholarship crush. I'm not sure how many roster spots will be available for transfers, particularly transfers looking for more playing time with little to no resume to show. Not sure a jump to the portal would be a wise decision.

With the NCAA ruling granting an extra year to everyone there is going to be a significant scholarship crush. I'm not sure how many roster spots will be available for transfers, particularly transfers looking for more playing time with little to no resume to show. Not sure a jump to the portal would be a wise decision.
We can’t keep multiple projects on this roster at one position if they can’t play.

We have 3 guards
We have 4 centers.
Alan Griffin is not a guard.
We need depth. Problem is depth that can play won’t come to here to just sit for more than year.

It’s almost as if they complaining is on point.

We can’t keep multiple projects on this roster at one position if they can’t play.

We have 3 guards
We have 4 centers.
Alan Griffin is not a guard.
We need depth. Problem is depth that can play won’t come to here to just sit for more than year.

It’s almost as if they complaining is on point.

Agree that we cannot have 4 centers out of 13 scholrship players on the roster. Particularly when at least 3 of the 4 look like projects at this point.

Not sure I understand that Griffin is not a guard when the 2 and 3 are identical on offense and he has played a few minutes already at the top of the zone. Not to mention that he played guard exclusively at Illinois.

Agree that we cannot have 4 centers out of 13 scholrship players on the roster. Particularly when at least 3 of the 4 look like projects at this point.

Not sure I understand that Griffin is not a guard when the 2 and 3 are identical on offense and he has played a few minutes already at the top of the zone. Not to mention that he played guard exclusively at Illinois.
When JB will sit both JG and BB at one time that isn’t garbage time I will believe we have a 4 guard rotation.

When JB will sit both JG and BB at one time that isn’t garbage time I will believe we have a 4 guard rotation.

Got it. So your statement isn't saying that Griffin cannot play guard, it's that JB won't use him at guard?

man when you got yerself a dead horse you sure do beat it to a pulp ;)
When people make arguments that can prove my point I will make the simple counter.

Note I am not saying a negative thing about any player in the point just that depth should be a priority for the staff.
If we had all-conference talent and they were returning the short rotation wouldn’t need to be addressed but we don’t have that.

When people make arguments that can prove my point I will make the simple counter.

Note I am not saying a negative thing about any player in the point just that depth should be a priority for the staff.
If we had all-conference talent and they were returning the short rotation wouldn’t need to be addressed but we don’t have that.
I hear ya- just bein' a wise guy, as I see you posting about this in numerous threads (and it does raise a valid point to be discussed)

Okay then why we haven’t we recruited a guard for the 2021 class then?
Our backcourt depth is thin.
Cause Jim thinks Buddy and Joe are superstar status with the spacing they create on the court

I dont know how some see these things and Jim doesnt

Honestly, Jim is starting to lose his ability to evaluate things in proper context and how to get out of this rut

I know hes a HOFer, forgotten more than I know, but look at the roster and the results the last 5 years, its not pretty. It happens to alot of great ones, Crum, Knight at IU. Bowden at FSU in football etc.

There is absolutely nothing about Griffin that tells me he can play guard. He’s a turnover machine.

If he was in mighty ducks he’d play as Spazway.

Watch Illinois games from last year to see the skills. Lack of practice and adjusting to a new teammates/ system (and position) has certainly been a challenge. I think we've only seen him scratch the surface here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom