Sidibe | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sidibe

This is the kind of play I expected. No, not huge double-doubles but that kind of activity and ability to finish around the rim.

If he's healthy, he can be really good in the pick and roll. He has a workable handle to dribble it to the rim. He looked about 75% today. Hope he's trending upward.

Gotta stop fouling 3-pt shooters but those were effort players. Not smart obviously but he was giving max effort. He knew they were not smart plays too.
He's our only big that can finish consistently in traffic around the rim. Chucky was miserable today so it's so fantastic sid was able to give us this effort.

Heck he was getting out on the 3 point shooters better than our guards at times this year, so won't fault the effort. But obviously has to avoid fouling.

Thought the last one was a dubious call. The first one was him not letting the shooter land. It is a foul though. He’s got to close out under control. Very smart player. He’ll learn.

Great point. I got the impression a few of our guards trust that if they pass it to him, he’ll finish. I guess he did so in practice Thursday as JB said. It carried over.
I've been told players/teams can't get better in practice. It only happens with minutes in actual games.

Yep. Kid can play.

Great point. I got the impression a few of our guards trust that if they pass it to him, he’ll finish. I guess he did so in practice Thursday as JB said. It carried over.

Yep this is spot on..many times you will see frank drive and not pass it to a open chewy in a tight spot or pick and roll will be there all day long but won't make the pass...i think our guards are hesitant to pass to chewy at times because it results in a turnover often. Sidibe is good at catching the ball and going up with it and frank and others were actively looking to pass it to bourama tonight.

Chukwu was horrendous. One step forward, two steps back with him. He played so soft and small today. Tough to watch after he played so well in a few games.
Absolutely confounding. I'll be honest, I can't be objective with this kid. There's no way he should be this weak inside 4 years into college. I don't care what happened with his eye. He is extremely unathletic and has not progressed.

I've been told players/teams can't get better in practice. It only happens with minutes in actual games.

Well, they can get better in practice but in this case, he had to prove he could GO in practice. He obviously showed he was healthy in practice. That’s what he needed. Practice gave him and JB confidence but his play in the game is what will springboard him if his knee keeps getting better.

I don’t think he got better in practice; even JB said he’s barely practiced.

Absolutely confounding. I'll be honest, I can't be objective with this kid. There's no way he should be this weak inside 4 years into college. I don't care what happened with his eye. He is extremely unathletic and has not progressed.

And his eye injury had zero effect on his ability to do leg presses. Or break bad habits. Or play as soft as a favorite pillow.

Chukwu was awful tonight on offense but still had a few blocks and rebounds and altered a few shots. Thankfully Sidibe showed up with that game so JB didn't have to go back to him. But to say he hasn't progressed requires one to ignore all the big efforts he has come through with this season.

He was anything but "unathletic" in the BC game. Showed great hands all game long. His leap over the BC Bench going after a loose ball was incredible for someone 7'2". Given time he'll become more consistent.

Chukwu was awful tonight on offense but still had a few blocks and rebounds and altered a few shots. Thankfully Sidibe showed up with that game so JB didn't have to go back to him. But to say he hasn't progressed requires one to ignore all the big efforts he has come through with this season.

He’s progressed but he’s still very frustrating. Today’s game, he was abysmal. His d was tolerable. Rebounding wasn’t good either. He was yanked for missing a few. I have no clue what he was doing on offense. Did he forget he knows how to dunk? Played so small. He’s shown he can be better. Needs to against Lammers. He could put our bigs in foul trouble.

He was anything but "unathletic" in the BC game. Showed great hands all game long. His leap over the BC Bench going after a loose ball was incredible for someone 7'2". Given time he'll become more consistent.

Good hands? Did he have to jump to scale the bench? I keed. I keed.

He’s progressed but he’s still very frustrating. Today’s game, he was abysmal. His d was tolerable. Rebounding wasn’t good either. He was yanked for missing a few. I have no clue what he was doing on offense. Did he forget he knows how to dunk? Played so small. He’s shown he can be better. Needs to against Lammers. He could put our bigs in foul trouble.

On the other hand: 17/16, 12/9, 24/15, 15/11, 10/15, 11/12, 13/12, 16/7, 13, 8, 5 bl, 9/15, 14/10, 12/19, 18/17, 18/12. I neglected to read his roster information since he was not playing until now. The above are some of his points scored and/ rebounds while at St. Benedicts Prep in N.J. where the team won the N.J. State Prep A Championship three years running while he played for them. Bourama is a rebounding machine we never got to really see until today. God bless his knees, God bless 'em - we're going to need them. Perhaps due to all the pounding from rebounds is the reason his knees are not so good. Hope that shot he received will have a very long, positive effect.

Sidibe developing good Chemistry with Marek
We don't win today without those two. I know Marek has some opportunities but the more he gets to play against the zone the more improvement we will keep seeing. It's nice that for a team with a very short bench that we have some guys that are able to step up when their number gets called.

On the other hand: 17/16, 12/9, 24/15, 15/11, 10/15, 11/12, 13/12, 16/7, 13, 8, 5 bl, 9/15, 14/10, 12/19, 18/17, 18/12. I neglected to read his roster information since he was not playing until now. The above are some of his points scored and/ rebounds while at St. Benedicts Prep in N.J. where the team won the N.J. State Prep A Championship three years running while he played for them. Bourama is a rebounding machine we never got to really see until today. God bless his knees, God bless 'em - we're going to need them. Perhaps due to all the pounding from rebounds is the reason his knees are not so good. Hope that shot he received will have a very long, positive effect.

And that's playing against a lot of really good teams and some brand name big guys. Bourama does have some raw skills but he's not a project. I'll say that until I'm blue in the face. The tendonitis is not a new thing. He's been bothered by it all year, even before the first game. It only got worse then he hurt his ankle against Kansas.

So glad to see Sid starting to come back. Credit to the medical staff:)
All baloney aside if he can get well Wow. He has a huge upside.

He has the skills that we only wish Chukwu had, along with a good offensive sense.

If he were healthy, he'd be deserving of 30 minutes per. Next year, I hope his health holds up because he would be a real difference maker.

Drs. NorSyr66 and HtownOrange prescribe several doses of ibuprofen to keep any and all swelling down. Lots of ice and no other activity. If he wakes up with no pain, he can go on with his day.

I hope the knee was not aggravated.

Yep. I was a catcher and in college and i developed severe tendonitis in both knees my freshman season. It's really about pain management, and all I was able to do for treatment was "ice and advil." When the team did conditioning, I was limited to mostly low impact stuff (lots of stairmaster back then). I certainly wasn't playing at an athletic department as wealthy/resourceful as Syracuse, so blood platelet therapy, to the extent it was even used then, certainly was not an option.

Chukwu was horrendous. One step forward, two steps back with him. He played so soft and small today. Tough to watch after he played so well in a few games.

He was terrible today, but Sidibe isn't likely to go for 18 and 16 next game either. That's the great thing about developing a little depth, when one guy is having a bad game you can give your depth an opportunity to pick you up. No depth, then you have no alternative when guys aren't giving you anything.

Incidentally, I think when Sidibe is healthy, he becomes the starter. But PC can be a quality backup if that's how things pan out.

Last edited:
Not trying to be a doctor here, but straps placed above or below (or both) a tendon attachment help a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom