Siena Game Thread... | Syracusefan.com

Siena Game Thread...

@CuseMLAX: NEWS: Middie Jordan Evans will miss today's game vs. @SienaLacrosse with a lower-body injury. #CUSEvsSIE

@BrianHigginsSU: Projected @CuseMLAX middie lines with Jordan Evans out. 1st: Schoonmaker, Lecky, Galasso, 2nd: Barber, Weston, Salcido

@CuseMLAX: Orange starters:
A - Rice, Donahue, Staats
M - Lecky,Galasso, Schoonmaker
D - Mullins, Young, McDermott
G- Wardwell
#CUSEvsSIE #HHH

The injury bug has been hitting us hard the last couple of years.

Bryant loses to Colgate by four. Duke struggled to beat high point

The injury bug has been hitting us hard the last couple of years.
player_HIcksWill_08_SE5_web.jpg

Goal off of a face off. When was the last time we did that?

SU 6-1 at the end of 1st quarter.

SU 9-3 at half.

SU up 11-3 in face offs; 12-7 in ground balls at half.

Lecky 4 assists today! If he averages even 1 a game, we'll be tough to stop this year.

15-6 after 3. Starting to get a little sloppy.

21- 7 final

Siena 1 2 3 1 7
SU 6 3 6 6 21

Overall good/very good win today. Perhaps the only negative is allowing 7 goals despite owning the face-off X.

My two cents:

Enjoyed the new face off rules and personnel. Really liked Williams' ability to mix up individual scoop & win with setting up his wingmen. He & Messina seemed to have good chemistry & communication.

The goalies & D were hard to judge as Williams' dominance at the dot & our offense made took Siena's offense out of the game. I didn't see anything noticeably disappointing or exceptional. It was a solid effort for the first game of the year.

Lecky adding a feeding wrinkle to his game is fantastic. He was the early catalyst and played like a confident senior captain.

I like Tim Barber's game; he got smoked on a bad decision but busted his tail to recover. I expect him to be a big midfield contributor after he's fully acclimated to D-I.

I like Salcido's speed & fight but he's the only player I saw multiple bad decisions from yesterday. Hope it was just first game jitters.

I love this team & our chances this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom