Siena Game Thread... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Siena Game Thread...

Evans - I watched the game back and he was in the Line up (in sweats) before the games and also noticed him around the huddle, he was walking fine and I'm hoping it was a precaution and they are managing him because of his injury last year!

My two cents:

I like Salcido's speed & fight but he's the only player I saw multiple bad decisions from yesterday. Hope it was just first game jitters.

I love this team & our chances this year.

I agree, Salcido did make some errors along with Barbers dodge to the inside, he will improve but may discount him from the second middie line when Evans returns.

I was really impressed with Cefferi, he even got some time on offense and got an assist. I was happy with the Cefferi, Messina and Grimm as SSDMs.

Great to see Gillis get his reward of 2 years hard work with 2 shots and one goal and good time at SSDM.

Simmons can play - would have loved to have seen Jr and III's reaction.

Also liked Ralph D on Def, looked aggressive and is fast and has a low centre of gravity which helps him get on hips, should be good against the likes of Sankey and Matheis!

Scott Firman looks better every time I see him!

Moreover - The score does not tell the tale of the game. The underlying story from this weekends game against Siena was the strategy they used and other teams may have used this strategy depending on its success. They really tried to take away our strength by pushing out on our attackmen, making it hard for them to receive the ball and then playing physical when they did!

This plan had limited success - Randy Staats - 1g, 2a, Kevin Rice 2g, 4a and Dylan Donahue - 4g - but it did put more pressure on the middies to produce.

I think we answered this and opposing coaches will be crossing this off their lists of ways to stop us this morning! Some of them maybe under lining the Zone option! Desko has become wise to Zone and has prepared the team for this over the last few years!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom