Signing Day | Syracusefan.com

Signing Day

GoSU96

Living Legend
Here is what SU is doing tomorrow:

Tomorrow -- Wednesday, February 1 -- is the first day of the NCAA's National Letter of Intent signing period for football student-athletes. Follow SUathletics.com throughout the day to read about who will join the Orange football program and head coach Doug Marrone in 2012. Updates will be provided until the NLI class is complete.

Marrone and assistant coach and recruiting coordinator Greg Adkins will host a press conference at 3:00 p.m. which will be streamed live on Orange All Access.

Fans can catch interviews with Marrone on the radio at 3:45 pm (ESPN Radio 97.7 FM) and on MSG Varsity's Signing Day Special at 8:00 p.m.
http://www.suathletics.com/news/2012/1/31/FB_0131121635.aspx

As far as a board chat goes, to the best of my knowledge it would be guest free. Dave Rahme isn't able to participate.

Interesting seeing that Whitehurst and Morgan dont announce until after 3...

I'll just double post this here because i'm pissed off about it.

UConnHuskies
UConn Huskies
2012 #UConnFootball Signing Day Sold Out! First time in the history of the event that it had to be closed due to the overwhelming response.

We get a 45 min. press conference on OAA awesome...lol

UConnHuskies UConn Huskies
2012 #UConnFootball Signing Day Sold Out! First time in the history of the event that it had to be closed due to the overwhelming response.

- sign that P is more exciting than Edsall... which is really saying something about Edsall

... not sure what to think about our bush league festivities... hopefully TGD is saving some $$$ to buy some more NYC cab toppers for NYC's team...

UConnHuskies UConn Huskies

I'm with you on this one. I just don't get. It's not like it was an expensive gala evening. Did someone put out a memo that creating excitement among your fan base was a bad thing??

at times marrone is too much of a control freak-this is one of those times-

I like Marrone but it is weird for him to be one of the friendliest college coaches and he does weird stuff like this.

What is he trying to control?

I mean, you get your crop of signees... and do what?

I think it's more of the fact that he doesn't consider this a celebratory event to engage fans.

Would it be nice if he did and there was some more engaging pomp and circumstance?

Perhaps...

It it required/necessary? No, it's not.

I think it's more of the fact that he doesn't consider this a celebratory event to engage fans.

Would it be nice if he did and there was some more engaging pomp and circumstance?

Perhaps...

While some what true part of Marrones plan was to get the fan base back and this would help. Also a lot of Div. 1 schools do this kind of thing For example Rutgers, Uconn. You mean to tell me we can't do something on a similar scale?

Whie some what true part of Marrones plan was to get the fan base back back and this would help.

I'm a fan... I want wins... I want to not tank the last half of the season. I want to see progress.

A fancy signing day event is no where near the top of my must-have list...

I'm a fan... I want wins... I want to not tank the last half of the season. I want to see progress.

A fancy signing day event is no where near the top of my must-have list...

It's about the whole program don't break it down to parts.

Perhaps...

It's not?

If you want to run with the (bigger) dogs, you have to do what the other dogs do. Why waste an opportunity to increase fan interest? Let them feel like they are a small part of this. Throw us a bone, DM...

you would think he would want to generate some excitement going into 2012 -instead of a 5 game losing streak being the last contact till spring game-

why not let us get giddy at a event?

It's not?

If you want to run with the (bigger) dogs, you have to do what the other dogs do. Why waste an opportunity to increase fan interest? Let them feel like they are a small part of this. Throw us a bone, DM...

No, it's not required

If it was required and all we were doing was an 'online event' on orange access, then people would be calling for his head...

You don't get a warm & fuzzy on signing day... it's not the end of the world.

It has less than zero to do with controlling information.

And has everything to do with....?

You think they aren't having a signing day event because Marrone is a control freak?

I didn't say that and you answered my question with a question.

If Doug wanted an event we would have one. Doug doesnt want an event so we dont

It's not?

That ain't gonna increase interest. Only diehard fans would go.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

The only thing that's going to increase fan interest is wins.
Signing day is for the diehards. If we win more there will be more diehards then we can have a signing day event.

That ain't gonna increase interest. Only diehard fans would go.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

And God forbid there is an event to KEEP the interest of the diehards.

It is awful, shortsighted and stupid there is no event tomorrow. Period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom