Signing Day | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Signing Day

Signing day is a reflection of a school's culture & mindset. What are all the big winning programs doing on this day?

Doug Marrone spoke of changing the culture from losing to winning when he arrived at SU. If the best programs are rolling out the red carpet on signing day, we would be better served to copy their blueprint.

You might be inclined to dismiss the importance of pomp & circumstance in this event, but you must take every opportunity to act "as if" your school has the same winning traditions as the top programs. This "Boiler Room" mentality can give your entire system the confidence & groundswell of support to become one of the top programs.

A signing day event at Syracuse would not bring in new fans to the base...

Winning will

A signing day event at Syracuse would not bring in new fans to the base...

Ok, maybe not... BUT what's wrong with doing something for the fans that stuck with them through one of their darkest decades, that continue to buy tickets, that travel to away games, that donate money when they can?

I'd like a signing day thingee as well but if no one shows (low attendance) up what does this make the football look like? Marrone sees the spring game crowd and I'm sure he'd love a big to do but let's face it, we aren't the biggest fan base or passionate.

Defeatist attitude. If your worried about attendance, plan small. Hold it at the football offices.

I'd like a signing day thingee as well but if no one shows (low attendance) up what does this make the football look like? Marrone sees the spring game crowd and I'm sure he'd love a big to do but let's face it, we aren't the biggest fan base or passionate.

I don't see the upside of holding an event. The downside is that noone attends, or it is sparsely attended, and we look like noone cares about our awesome new recruiting class. Face it, most fans don't get into recruiting and only pay attention once the players start making noise on the field. Frankly I don't think that's a bad approach.

Defeatist attitude. If your worried about attendance, plan small. Hold it at the football offices.

Maybe, I'd love to see SU do something and maybe controlling the situation rooms size would help.

Is there going to be a dedicated thread on who signs with SU or just a hodge podge of posts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom