Silent G | Syracusefan.com

Silent G

Eric15

Living Legend
With all of our man-crushes on Cooney and Ennis (and rightfully so), Gbinije tends to be an afterthought on this board at times.

He played a great game today that won't show up in the stat sheet. Didn't turn the ball over once, had a couple critical rebounds, and made a couple hard-nosed plays where he tied Nova up in a jump ball.

He is a huge asset to this team.

Dude hustles harder than anyone on this team. That saved offensive possession where he dove and got us the ball back was great.

With all of our man-crushes on Cooney and Ennis (and rightfully so), Gbinije tends to be an afterthought on this board at times.

He played a great game today that won't show up in the stat sheet. Didn't turn the ball over once, had a couple critical rebounds, and made a couple hard-nosed plays where he tied Nova up in a jump ball.

He is a huge asset to this team.
my guess is he does most everything JB asks of him, he repeatedly is out there at crunch time

Just a great example of selfless, hard nosed, smart play earning you minutes.

Actually had some bad moments today. Inexplicably refused to shoot when wide open, and he also fouled twice on three point shots. Hard to chalk this one up as a good performance.

over all solid but the not so smart plays (fouling a 3pter) cost him a few minutes.

and he also fouled twice on three point shots.

The first one was a bad call - Arcidiacono wasn't in the process of shooting. The second one was G's fault, but we were up 12 with a minute left at that point.

I give him an A- overall for the game.

Dude hustles harder than anyone on this team. That saved offensive possession where he dove and got us the ball back was great.

Tough call. Cooney and BMK also are in the running for that one, no pun intended. Scrappy (fill in your choice of mild expletives) they are.

Tough call. Cooney and BMK also are in the running for that one, no pun intended. Scrappy (fill in your choice of mild expletives) they are.

I just think, to a point, Gbinije is more versatile. He's not the offensive threat Cooney is or the defensive presence BMK is but he can do everything when he's asked too, and he does it to the best of his abilities. Haven't seen him take a play off.

When I say more versatile I don't mean better or whatever...

I think of Gbinije as a spork.

Honestly that jump ball he got was one of the best plays I've seen all year. Incredible hands.

Needs to become more of a scorer. Was a scorer in high school, but seems to be reluctant to shoot.

Needs to become more of a scorer. Was a scorer in high school, but seems to be reluctant to shoot.

Gbinije is playing the role JB wants him to play. He is doing anything the coach wants him to do to stay on the court. He knows if takes a shot and doesn't make it he will be on the bench because thats not what he is being asked to do right now. In high school and AAU he was a go to guy who was a primary option.

He's a very ordinary role player. He brings nothing special to this team.

He's a role player (and knows his role) who can handle three positions on the floor and is a great fit for the top of the 2-3 with his length. Sure we'd all like to have Dion Waiters coming off the bench, but Gbinije has fit into his reserve role nicely nonetheless.

Given we dont have consistency issues with our starting 1,2 and 3 he is the perfect backup and a great example of being a team player. He just needs to find a go to move or shot on offense and he can develop into josh pace like utility guy.

He's just trying not to make mistakes, so he doesn't lose his place in the rotation to Patterson. He has the potential to be a Howard Triche kind of player for us, but he's got to gain confidence in his offense.

We have Grant, Cooney, Fair and Ennis as go to scorers. Even Rak has been shining a little when we need him. Those guys make our team good.

Role players like BMK and Gbinije are what make your team great.

Hard to chalk this one up as "bad" either.

If this was a bad game for Gbinije I'll take it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom