Silly Comments by Boeheim | Syracusefan.com

Silly Comments by Boeheim

Col. Bleep

All American
He can' just say...it was a mistake not to double check...but it happened... Rosie is a classy guy and we'll move on.
Period.
Instead he makes sarcastic comments about criticism of the misspelling of Roosevelt Bouie's name on the jersey.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske..._trevor_cooneys_playing_t.html#incart_m-rpt-1

What Axe should have said is something like this (with 20/20 hindsight):

"Clearly, someone didn't do his or her job.
When and SU player doesn't do his job, Coach Boeheim, you frequently yank him out of the game.
Sure, coach, everyone makes mistakes.
Which reminds me...how come you let Pitt get off a 3-pointer at the end of the first half when you had a foul to give?"

I think Syracuse should make it up to Roosevelt by giving him some more practical gifts in addition to his jersey. A Bouie knife and a collection of David Bowie's greatest hits can make for a much more interesting night than a jersey.

He can' just say...it was a mistake not to double check...but it happened... Rosie is a classy guy and we'll move on.
Period.
Instead he makes sarcastic comments about criticism of the misspelling of Roosevelt Bouie's name on the jersey.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske..._trevor_cooneys_playing_t.html#incart_m-rpt-1

When and SU player doesn't do his job, Coach Boeheim, you frequently yank him out of the game.
Which reminds me...how come you let Pitt get off a 3-pointer at the end of the first half when you had a foul to give?"
they didnt get the shot off.. the refs refused to call the foul.. we practically tackled the pitt guy

Give him credit for defending his team (the University).
Take it away for being a jerk

Period.

He is right though it was blown way out of proportion. It's a mistake lets move along there are more pressing issues to deal with.

He is right though it was blown way out of proportion. It's a mistake lets move along there are more pressing issues to deal with.
in view of the athletic dept"body of work", the more pressing issue --not for boeheim---but for the chancellor etal, is why is this dept. constantly embarrassing themselves????what is more pressing than the continued faus pax by them????it is a systemic issue, what else do they screw up that does not meet the public eye???they appear very amateur and classless. they are inept --- don't blame this on an intern or work study person, they are there to learn, the bigger question is who is teaching them????/and more importantly who is supervising them---

It was just another cringe worthy interview by JB. I just don't get why he always has to be so snarky with his responses. I was listening to the interview, and while I don't particularly care for Axe, he had some solid points. JB is bigger then getting into pissing contests with the local reporters. Just let it go man, you aren't doing yourself any favors. I don't know if it's stress, just a bad mode because of the season, or old age, but even for Jim, he's been on tilt more this season then usual. Personally i'm getting tired of it. It was fun when he'd go off on a national reporter every now and again, but now it's basically every interview, and every post game presser he does, where he just comes off as an , and Jim isn't an in real life. It's just sad that's how most everyone perceives him.

Period.

You'd think he'd stand by his players and most of the time he will (unless, that is, they're contemplating jumping to the league before he thinks they're ready). But in this situation, Boeheim's just being a good soldier. You don't criticize your employer in the media. That's a bad move. What's there to be gained from sh!tting on Gross and company?

anomander said:
It was just another cringe worthy interview by JB. I just don't get why he always has to be so snarky with his responses. I was listening to the interview, and while I don't particularly care for Axe, he had some solid points. JB is bigger then getting into pissing contests with the local reporters. Just let it go man, you aren't doing yourself any favors. I don't know if it's stress, just a bad mode because of the season, or old age, but even for Jim, he's been on tilt more this season then usual. Personally i'm getting tired of it. It was fun when he'd go off on a national reporter every now and again, but now it's basically every interview, and every post game presser he does, where he just comes off as an . . . . . . . , and Jim isn't an . . . . . . . in real life. It's just sad that's how most everyone perceives him.
He gets snarky when reporters ask dumb questions hoping to look smart (or make a point). The fact that Axe is continuing a jersey story days later and asking the basketball coach this is absurd.

This is the important part of what Boeheim said:

"Roosevelt Bouie's fine with it. You know why? Because he's a classy guy and he's not going to be offended by someone's innocent mistake.''

To dwell on the fact that he doesn't want to crucify somebody for making a big mistake is asinine. Should there have been more checks so somebody caught the error? Probably. Is a name on the back of a jersey overly significant in the grand scheme of the athletic departments responsibilites? No. Does it suck that we got it wrong and people laughed at the university for about 6 hours and then likely forgot about it? Yeah... so lets make sure heads roll...

Some of you need to chill out and gain some perspective. Roosevelt Bouie knows what he means to the fans, his coaches, and his teammates. I wouldn't expect him to bat an eyelash over this and, quite frankly, any athlete who would have a really negative reaction to their name being spelled wrong on a $60 framed jersey would be an a$$hole in my book.

He gets snarky when reporters ask dumb questions hoping to look smart (or make a point). The fact that Axe is continuing a jersey story days later and asking the basketball coach this is absurd.

Why is it dumb to ask those questions? Its a media members job to ask questions, and could have been Axe's first opportunity to ask a question about it to Boeheim. If its weeks and months later fine, but days? Come on.

Why is it dumb to ask those questions? Its a media members job to ask questions, and could have been Axe's first opportunity to ask a question about it to Boeheim. If its weeks and months later fine, but days? Come on.
It's a media members to ask pertinent questions not any question... We don't need even days of coverage on a basketball jersey and Axe is directing the question to the Coach who had no involvement! The question is merely a setup to get a rise. It's the same BS when a reporter asks JB why no man defense.

I'm no Axe fan but gmafb. The guy covers Syracuse sports, not the world news. The news cycle is a bit longer. What's he supposed to be talking about, Lacrosse practice & softball catchers?

It's a media members to ask pertinent questions not any question... We don't need even days of coverage on a basketball jersey and Axe is directing the question to the Coach who had no involvement! The question is merely a setup to get a rise. It's the same BS when a reporter asks JB why no man defense.

He wanted to get his thoughts on the jersey issue, big freakin deal.

He answered the initial question. He got snarky on the dumb follow ups.

You're the one who was pissing and moaning about even the initial question, how dare Axe even mention it.

You're the one who was pissing and moaning about even the initial question, how dare Axe even mention it.
Yeah I believe the whole line of questioning is dumb. You seem to always get yourself concerned with the way JB a deals with media. There's a reason for it. They're pretty dopey.

Yeah I believe the whole line of questioning is dumb. You seem to always get yourself concerned with the way JB a deals with media. There's a reason for it. They're pretty dopey.

Says you, but asking about a jersey from the weekend was fine

Says you, but asking about a jersey from the weekend was fine

The real question is why the jersey thing is being brought to Jim to answer. How the heck does it have anything to do with him? The athletic department is not hard to get ahold of; ask them. I'm sure Roosevelt Bouie could be reached for comment, too; ask him.

What is Jim supposed to say? He handled it well but his delivery sucked. Simple. There was an unfortunate mistake made end of comment

The real question is why the jersey thing is being brought to Jim to answer. How the heck does it have anything to do with him? The athletic department is not hard to get ahold of; ask them. I'm sure Roosevelt Bouie could be reached for comment, too; ask him.

Who said he had anything to do with it? Its a former player of his that was getting his jersey retired, he cant be bothered to ask him a question? JB is the face of Syracuse Basketball, Axe had him on the show, he can't ask him?

Who said he had anything to do with it? Its a former player of his that was getting his jersey retired, he cant be bothered to ask him a question? JB is the face of Syracuse Basketball, Axe had him on the show, he can't ask him?

A non-issue that was already covered extensively by the media. Yes, Axe could have avoided asking the question, or at least avoided harping on it.

A non-issue that was already covered extensively by the media. Yes, Axe could have avoided asking the question, or at least avoided harping on it.

If it was a non issue why was it covered extensively then? It was an issue or there wouldn't have been anyone talking about it, there wouldn't have been 5 or so threads about it on here.

If it was a non issue why was it covered extensively then? It was an issue or there wouldn't have been anyone talking about it, there wouldn't have been 5 or so threads about it on here.

It was a non-issue by the time Axe had Boeheim sitdown for the interview.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom