Since 2014, where does Syracuse rank in tournament games played? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Since 2014, where does Syracuse rank in tournament games played?

There are 360-ish D1 teams. Being a slightly better than average D1 team isn't good for a P6 team. The average D1 team this year is something like Tarleton, Harvard, Kennesaw State or UMass, etc.

A lot of people have a hard time with average as a concept absent context and think that it still means something.

Millhouse apparently is one of them.
I think he thinks that he’s more intelligent and more rational than everyone else.

Ignorance is bliss, as they say.

I think he thinks that he’s more intelligent and more rational than everyone else.

Ignorance is bliss, as they say.
Plenty of really smart people out there. They just don't post here

I was talking college basketball. Larry Brown coached a hundred teams. Crum was well below 500 his last year. Mack brown probably not a great example considering they didn't get better and he's had success continuing his career

No "legend" has coached in adult diapers before either. The idea that we need a precedent otherwise we're not being "fair" to Boeheim seems to me like a very high bar to clear.

Can't believe the CoachPMustGo guy has gone soft in his old age.

I agree that is a better predictor. Anyone who is predicting it will get worse before it gets better is probably right. You can't fire legends based on likely predictions, I just think you have to wait. Non legends, whatever, if the writing is on the wall, goodbye
Likely predictions? We went under .500 last season, likely to finish directly on the .500 line this year, lost to COLGATE 2 straight seasons, just gave up 90+ points in 3 consecutive games since the 60s, and had the lowest attendance number here in 20 years. Jim is cooked, this program is cooked, there’s no likely “predictions” it’s happening right in front of our eyes. We went from competing for championships, to being a consistent bubble squad, to now wishing we were even near the bubble. Consistency in the most negative of ways.

No "legend" has coached in adult diapers before either. The idea that we need a precedent otherwise we're not being "fair" to Boeheim seems to me like a very high bar to clear.

Can't believe the CoachPMustGo guy has gone soft in his old age.
See this is an example of the childishness and stupidity here. So he should've retired after prostate cancer? Don't delete, people should see it

I agree that is a better predictor. Anyone who is predicting it will get worse before it gets better is probably right. You can't fire legends based on likely predictions, I just think you have to wait. Non legends, whatever, if the writing is on the wall, goodbye
“You have to wait”… why? Everyone under the sun, including you, agrees the old man can’t get us back to the Top 25.

If that’s the goal, which for a P5 program it absolutely should be, then why on earth can’t you? As you cannot fire legends based on likely predictions, you can and should fire any coach based on lack of performance.

Why not? Are you too emotional tonight?

I thought it would be polite to discuss your bad examples
Emotional Damage GIF by Jennifer Accomando

I didn't even watch the game.

See this is an example of the childishness and stupidity here. So he should've tried after prostate cancer? Don't delete, people should see it

What? I wasn't referencing his cancer. I was referencing the fact that he's an 80-year old man coaching college basketball. Of course there's no precedent for us to follow. But that doesn't mean that he gets carte blanche to torpedo the program. People can pick nits about whether we're average or below average. That doesn't change the fact that the clear trajectory is downward and there is zero evidence or even hope that Boeheim can actually reverse the trend. Yet, we have to put up with it because the 80-year coach is acting like the leader of some tinpot dictatorship?

What? I wasn't referencing his cancer. I was referencing the fact that he's an 80-year old man coaching college basketball. Of course there's no precedent for us to follow. But that doesn't mean that he gets carte blanche to torpedo the program. People can pick nits about whether we're average or below average. That doesn't change the fact that the clear trajectory is downward and there is zero evidence or even hope that Boeheim can actually reverse the trend. Yet, we have to put up with it because the 80-year coach is acting like the leader of some tinpot dictatorship?
Smart mature people wouldn't make an adult diapers reference when the whole world knows he had prostate cancer.

“You have to wait”… why? Everyone under the sun, including you, agrees the old man can’t get us back to the Top 25.

If that’s the goal, which for a P5 program it absolutely should be, then why on earth can’t you? As you cannot fire legends based on likely predictions, you can and should fire any coach based on lack of performance.
There are a million coaches of average teams who aren't going to get teams to the top 25 don't get fired and we are going to fire a guy who won a thousand games for doing the same thing?

Can't say I didn't see this coming.

Smart mature people make homophobic jokes right?
About chip yes, who actually is a real life friend for some bizarre reason. See, adult diapers joke is no big deal if you don't have a good reason to think he might actually have an issue. If supp had thought of it, he probably doesn't make the joke, but he was caught up in an emotional moment there. When chip comes out of the closet, I'll stop making fun of him for it.

Last edited:
There are a million coaches of average teams who aren't going to get teams to the top 25 don't get fired and we are going to fire a guy who won a thousand games for doing the same thing?

Can't say I didn't see this coming.

He’s not average right now. He is bad.

We’re tied with BC currently.
This year yes. I was referring to a four year comparison where we are like bc due to leaving 20 win seasons despite winning 24 more games

This year yes. I was referring to a four year comparison where we are like bc due to leaving 20 win seasons despite winning 24 more games
There are trends though, they’re moving up and we’re moving down with no end in sight, if we have three bad years and they have three years like we had we’ll be even in wins, doesn’t mean we’re equal. The fact we’re having this discussion should speak volumes.

There are trends though, they’re moving up and we’re moving down with no end in sight, if we have three bad years and they have three years like we had we’ll be even in wins, doesn’t mean we’re equal. The fact we’re having this discussion should speak volumes.
I'm pessimistic about the trend. Next year is going to be terrible.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying you can't fire a legend for being average. 9-9 in conference. I'm calling everyone babies making it out to be worse than that because it feels sucky.

I think he'll retire after one year of sucking, probably end of next year
We lost 3 straight (now 4 straight) games by 17+ points for the first time since 1961. It’s bad. Really bad. the wheels are starting to come off, and JB has lost the players’ confidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom