SI's experts all 8 of them pick SDSU | Syracusefan.com

SI's experts all 8 of them pick SDSU

Sports Illustrated? They still exist? Are ghosts picking against us?

If ghosts are picking against us consider me officially worried (and scared). But if grown adults who think a weekly sports magazine is still a good idea in 2021 are picking against us I can't say I care, even a little.

The issue that covers the conference tournaments wouldn't have even been delivered yet. Some of them probably have Duke in their final four.

I can understand them being favorites but this is gonna be way closer then that. This game is probably onw of the best games of round 1

If ghosts are picking against us consider me officially worried (and scared). But if grown adults who think a weekly sports magazine is still a good idea in 2021 are picking against us I can't say I care, even a little.

The issue that covers the conference tournaments wouldn't have even been delivered yet. Some of them probably have Duke in their final four.

SI is monthly now. Hasn’t been weekly for a number of years.

Ghost are you picking against us?

The weird thing to me isn’t that they all picked them to beat us. They are the favorite in seeding and in Vegas after all. It’s that almost half picked them to the elite eight and 7 out of 8 picked them to beat wvu. SI thinks mighty highly of these Aztecs.

Wonderful, not only do we have to beat a team no one thinks we can beat. We might also have to beat Morehead State and Kofi Cockburn to get to the final four.
I don’t think any team in the tournament has a harder path than we do.

The difference in the two teams seems to be consistency. PUndits and fans pretty much know what SDSU is going to deliver. The level at which SU plays is the big unknown. The Cuse we saw in the ACC tourney - I like our chances. The Cuse we saw at most road games this year...not so much.

Its more interesting that so many pickers give them no shot than it is they are picking SDSU.

The difference in the two teams seems to be consistency. PUndits and fans pretty much know what SDSU is going to deliver. The level at which SU plays is the big unknown. The Cuse we saw in the ACC tourney - I like our chances. The Cuse we saw at most road games this year...not so much.
When SDSU goes on the road to Duke, UNC, UVA, GTech, Clemson and Pitt and gets some wins I'll give them credit.

Wonderful, not only do we have to beat a team no one thinks we can beat. We might also have to beat Morehead State and Kofi Cockburn to get to the final four.
I don’t think any team in the tournament has a harder path than we do.
I see what you did there....I think?

They're either a team of grizzled vets that make the Elite 8 and keep grinding out wins or they are an untested MWC team that doesn't have the fire-power to hang with a P5 team that's playing well in the NCAA tournament.

Just listened to the NBC sports tourney preview on youtube. 2 of the 3 panelists picked San Diego St as their best bet in the entire first round.

Scroll to the 34 minute mark

SDSU, USU and CSU are the 3 top teams in the MWC. SDSU has a 1-3 regular season record against the other 2. The rest of the MWC is weak. SDSU also didn't have any covid stoppages to derail their teams development.