SJU-DePaul | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SJU-DePaul

I was just wondering this. I was camping in Coldfoot last December, Way way up north on the Ice Road Trucker road (Dalton Highway) and it was dark for all but an hour or so. I was in south west Alaska, about 800 miles down the Yukon River on a moose hunting trip in September, I remember it getting dark around 8:45, 9pm. (I remember this because we shot a moose at 7:30, knowing that it was going to take atleast an hour to get the moose in the boat, and an hour to get back to camp.. Note- you never want to be on the Yukon River at night, in the rain.

I take it the ice Road Trucker road is pretty nasty? I watched a little of the show from time to time and it looks like no fun

I take it the ice Road Trucker road is pretty nasty? I watched a little of the show from time to time and it looks like no fun

Oh man, absolutly crazy. There isnt a flat part on the road. December was nuts. The truckers have the right of way on the whole road. If they are coming at you, you better pull over, because they are driving down the middle of the road. Crazy hills and turns. I legit thought we were going to die about 30 times. Why we drove 300 miles up the Dalton Highway to go camping at -16 degrees? No clue lol..

I did about 100 miles on it in September towing a boat. I thought it would be easier since the roads were clear. Nope. The road is so rough, the boat was bouncing all over, and the other truckers were giving me no room. We tore up a wheel bearing on the trailer about 30 miles from the Yukon Bridge.

Oh man, absolutly crazy. There isnt a flat part on the road. December was nuts. The truckers have the right of way on the whole road. If they are coming at you, you better pull over, because they are driving down the middle of the road. Crazy hills and turns. I legit thought we were going to die about 30 times. Why we drove 300 miles up the Dalton Highway to go camping at -16 degrees? No clue lol..

I did about 100 miles on it in September towing a boat. I thought it would be easier since the roads were clear. Nope. The road is so rough, the boat was bouncing all over, and the other truckers were giving me no room. We tore up a wheel bearing on the trailer about 30 miles from the Yukon Bridge.

My wife is constantly complaining about my driving . Id love to get her on that road just once...

You two should get a room.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom