Sleepy Floyd | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sleepy Floyd

Has to be my favorite Hoya, Patrick 2nd. Love to hate those dudes. But I also associate his name with Michelle munn. I was at that game and 40+ years later can still hear the hush over the dome as she crashed to the floor. Happy to see she gave an update to the press about 18 months ago, she has 6 grandchildren now. That's a relief.

Sleepy was that quintessential small forward, do it all baller. In the mold of alot of the Cuse greats. Nice to see he has a sense of humor about it all, and that he's still doing well.

I'm feeling sleepy, it's bedtime, and Georgetown still sucks
6'3 guard, not a forward

Add Michael Graham, Reggie Williams, Perry McDonald, Ronnie Highsmith (the 28 year old dude from the Army) and Gene Banks.
How can you leave out the OTHER Michael Jackson ?

I always wondered if Spriggs type scenario etc along with recorded grad rates of just 20% for student athletes back then, was the impetus for the creation of prop 48 in 1983 where eligibility was based on 16 core courses, and high school GPA and SAT scores.
Reminds me of Kemba Walker graduating in three years at Yukon and admitted he had only read one book there.

The other Hoya Smith guard besides Gene - Charles Smith. Charles ended up in prison for vehicular manslaughter in Boston. Then there was Victor Page, a 2 year player for the Hoyas who’s had many serious legal issues over the years. Lots of “characters” good and bad over the years but sure fueled a great rivalry.

Little known fact, he is one of seven children, all boys.
So you’re saying he’s a dwarf? He isn’t THAT short.

My immediate thought was how the heck do you discover a player like that?

Turns out there is an article about it! JT watching random pickup games... crazy stuff

Well from that article there’s an age discrepancy from another article I had read. Sorry if I posted an incorrect age for him. A 22 year old freshman isn’t as surprising as a 26 year old onel Interesting story. I also read that Ed Spriggs worked for Georgetown for decades after playing there. Worked out well for him and his family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom