Slightly OT: 15 Passenger Van | Syracusefan.com

Slightly OT: 15 Passenger Van

UpstateSM

First to Surmise Dakota Leffew Would Be Orange
I have turned my group of 3 season tickets to 7 the last two years and now up to 15 or 16 this season. I am looking for a 15 passenger van to use as a booze bus from Utica area to each home game and maybe @BC.

Does anyone here have or know anybody that has a used one for sale? Have been scouring auctions and Facebook marketplace for weeks but hard to find something for a reasonable price that will pass inspection. If anybody has or knows someone who would rent one that'd be cool, too. We have one rented for the first game right now but really hoping to buy one before week one.

Really appreciate the help and really frigging excited to have spread the good word of Cuse football to so many of my friends.

enterprise location matters as well. vans are in the truck division and cant only be had in some locations usually bigger cities

It is very hard to get a 12 passenger van from enterprise or a rental agency let alone a 15 passenger. It changes all of the time each location. But we are looking everyday to try to book in case we can't purchase one. We would MUCH rather have our own so we don't have to worry about renting every year.

We use 15 passenger vans for work quite a bit and own 5 of them, decent used ones are tough to find and aren't cheap. It never ceases to amaze me how expensive one is even 6-7 years old with high miles. And yes, they are tough to find.

We use 15 passenger vans for work quite a bit and own 5 of them, decent used ones are tough to find and aren't cheap. It never ceases to amaze me how expensive one is even 6-7 years old with high miles. And yes, they are tough to find.
We have found a ton between 4-6k but there's always been an issue that would cost thousands on top of that to get it road ready. I think we will find something in the next few weeks because there is a surprisingly high volume but figured I should go down every avenue I can think of.

I have turned my group of 3 season tickets to 7 the last two years and now up to 15 or 16 this season. I am looking for a 15 passenger van to use as a booze bus from Utica area to each home game and maybe @BC.

Does anyone here have or know anybody that has a used one for sale? Have been scouring auctions and Facebook marketplace for weeks but hard to find something for a reasonable price that will pass inspection. If anybody has or knows someone who would rent one that'd be cool, too. We have one rented for the first game right now but really hoping to buy one before week one.

Really appreciate the help and really frigging excited to have spread the good word of Cuse football to so many of my friends.
Try that guy living in one down by the river.

I can give you a good deal on this one. I just need a week to move out first

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    10.2 KB · Views: 19
Almost definitely need a CDL for that and anyone I know with a CDL will be in there drinking heavily haha
I don't know that you need a CDL if it's personal use. You don't need them for class A motor homes. I know someone that bought and fixed up a full length bus to use as a cheap motor home and I don't think he got a CDL. I know someone else that bought a used short bus from Oswego County and I don't think he has a CDL anymore. I could be wrong though.

I don't know that you need a CDL if it's personal use. You don't need them for class A motor homes. I know someone that bought and fixed up a full length bus to use as a cheap motor home and I don't think he got a CDL. I know someone else that bought a used short bus from Oswego County and I don't think he has a CDL anymore. I could be wrong though.
My research told me that any vehicle weighing over 10k pounds requires a CDL in NYS but I would looooove to be wrong haha

My research told me that any vehicle weighing over 10k pounds requires a CDL in NYS but I would looooove to be wrong haha
Do you need a CDL to drive a school bus for personal use in New York?

(See Section 10, School Bus.) You do not need a CDL or passenger endorsement if you plan to transport only members of your family only for non-commercial purposes. To get the passenger endorsement you must pass a knowledge test on Sections 2 and 4 of this manual.

Transporting Passengers Safely - New York DMV​

Not sure if this guy is right, but the internet is never wrong, soooo...

I think that's for commercial use otherwise every motor home owner would need one.

Lots of folks buying vans to retrofit as campers. Tough to find anything clean for a decent price... look Virginia or south where road salt and pot holes haven't destroyed the suspension and frame. FB marketplace in military markets have best deals I've found when folks pcs out and don't have time to high ball prices and haggle

Appreciate all of the insight. Going to do another deep dive on CDL requirements once I finish handicapping the Mountain West this weekend. Lol

You are wrong

If it’s for personal use and you aren’t doing any business/commercial related things, you can drive the vehicle no matter the length up to 26,000lbs

States it right in the CDL manual

You are wrong

If it’s for personal use and you aren’t doing any business/commercial related things, you can drive the vehicle no matter the length up to 26,000lbs

States it right in the CDL manual
Thank you! You would think that the DMV would have it right on the CDL page on their website.