Slightly OT; Francesca talking Uconn and Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

Slightly OT; Francesca talking Uconn and Rutgers

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Listening to big Mike (his thoughts on college teams are always a laugh) but hes taken several calls on UConn and then someone brought up Rutgers. He is absolutely killing Rutgers, I mean juste annhiliating them. Says them moving to the B10 is going to be a disaster, the upper level teams are going to wipe there shoes with them, bball program is a farce, have no business being with the B10, Delaney made a huge mistake, got sold a bill of goods ... etc. I know Mike is no Rutgers fan but christ he is destroying RU.

It's nice to see RU get trashed, but from the RU perspective they had no choice but to accept the offer from the B1G. How could you not?

It's nice to see RU get trashed, but from the RU perspective they had no choice but to accept the offer from the B1G. How could you not?

He did admit thats the best league to be in, most money etc etc but I was surprised how bad he ripped into them. He even said there fans will regret them making the move, he also destroyed their fball team, saying they could never beat WVU, never won the BE title (I think he mean outright), cant recruit ect.

Funny thing is that when Pernetti was around they seemed like buddies. I think Rutgers doesn't get into the B1G without Pernetti but now he is killing him.

i had him on for about 10 minutes today. he doesnt think syracuse will go far because...

"good teams dont lose to teams like boston college"

period. end of story. i guess we're not a good team :(

Really, how is it any different that what Rutgers has always been?

Instead of being a dreg in the Big East or AAC, they'll be the ultimate dreg in the B1G. Whatever. The B1G gets the market that they already had access to with all the alumni but can use Rutgers as the footprint.

i had him on for about 10 minutes today. he doesnt think syracuse will go far because...

"good teams dont lose to teams like boston college"

period. end of story. i guess we're not a good team :(

A lot of people on this board expressed those same sentiments after the BC loss.