Slightly OT - Niko Tamurian is leaving the building | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Slightly OT - Niko Tamurian is leaving the building

I like Nico and Farah adds an exotic touch to the local news. But I'm not sure how far up the ladder they will go in the business, if that's the intent. Nico comes across as a nice guy but most of the sports guys that make it to the top, (wherever that is these days), have some kind of snappy persona they use to get attention. I think he was better off as an Orange lifer. I've only seen Farah as a news reader. Can she make it as an aggressive reporter or are they not going to ask for that? I have a feeling we might see them come back here someday.

I will defer to your judgment. I have never watched either one as I don't live locally. I was just commenting on why Seattle might be attractive.

I like Nico and Farah adds an exotic touch to the local news. But I'm not sure how far up the ladder they will go in the business, if that's the intent. Nico comes across as a nice guy but most of the sports guys that make it to the top, (wherever that is these days), have some kind of snappy persona they use to get attention. I think he was better off as an Orange lifer. I've only seen Farah as a news reader. Can she make it as an aggressive reporter or are they not going to ask for that? I have a feeling we might see them come back here someday.
I would guess that she will be an anchor in a market that dwarfs Syracuse and not a beat reporter. This is probably a great opportunity for both of them as the markets are not even remotely similar. If things don't work out in Seattle or they decide to move back, I'm sure neither of them would have any problem getting back on the local news.

Best of luck to them as they start their next chapter.

I will defer to your judgment. I have never watched either one as I don't live locally. I was just commenting on why Seattle might be attractive.
Seattle is a great city, and a much bigger market, meaning bigger money/bigger exposure. it's pretty simple for a broadcast journalist. two in this case.

Niko’s just a great person, and I’m sure Farah is as well. He absolutely does bleed Orange, but when opportunity comes - you have to listen. Especially in that career field.

Best of luck to a great couple!
i met him at your place at one of Dan's tailgates, he was very gracious with his time even though he was rushing to get back to station for newscast.

Niko’s just a great person, and I’m sure Farah is as well. He absolutely does bleed Orange, but when opportunity comes - you have to listen. Especially in that career field.

Best of luck to a great couple!

You have to listen but many people decide to stay in their home market: Rod Wood, Wayne Mahar, Ron Curtis, Jim Kenyon, etc. Some like David Muir, Jeff Glor, Bob Costas and Mike Tirico move on to great success. I just see Nico in the former group. I wish them well.

Last edited:
You have to listen but many people decide to stay in their home market: Rod Wood, Wayne Mahar, Ron Curtis, Jim Kenyon, etc. Some like David Muir and Jeff Glor move on to great success. I just see Nico in the former group. I wish them well.
Do we know for sure they are staying in the media biz?

My understanding is the station (Sinclair?) doesn't pay shiit. Seattle seems like a real good choice. Good luck to them.

My understanding is the station (Sinclair?) doesn't pay shiit. Seattle seems like a real good choice. Good luck to them.
Sinclair is a horrible company to work for. I don't say that trying to make a statement about their politics, they are just bad.

Good luck Niko. A great guy and a great sports reporter. Another ESM Spartan makes good.

I like to think of him as more of a St. Matt’s guy first. Go Cougars!

NBC Station in Seattle, that's a big spot for her. No way she could turn that down. Major market on NBC. She is the breadwinner in the family with that job, makes sense they are packing up and moving the family.

Congrats to her for landing that position.

You have to listen but many people decide to stay in their home market: Rod Wood, Wayne Mahar, Ron Curtis, Jim Kenyon, etc. Some like David Muir, Jeff Glor, Bob Costas and Mike Tirico move on to great success. I just see Nico in the former group. I wish them well.
Wayne Mahar - I’m amazed that he could never land a bigger gig with his dynamic personality and hair plugs.

Blind pig. Acorn. :p

Pig?

1627321656402.png

Sinclair is a horrible company to work for. I don't say that trying to make a statement about their politics, they are just bad.

As a former employee at one of the stations in Syracuse and knowing plenty of former and current Sinclair employees, they are traditionally not a great company to work for.

From personal and professional experience by myself and others. Niko and Farrah great people all class. Dan Cummings and Rod Wood not so much. Fiance years years back was with her parents at friendlys and Dan Cummings was there with his family and my fiance and her mom went up to Dan he was very cold to her. Myself ran into Rod Wood as a young kid with my mother at dinosaur bbq and was very rude a stuffed coat my father called him when we told him who had dealings professionally with him.

From personal and professional experience by myself and others. Niko and Farrah great people all class. Dan Cummings and Rod Wood not so much. Fiance years years back was with her parents at friendlys and Dan Cummings was there with his family and my fiance and her mom went up to Dan he was very cold to her. Myself ran into Rod Wood as a young kid with my mother at dinosaur bbq and was very rude a stuffed coat my father called him when we told him who had dealings professionally with him.

Man, the nerve of people who don't like being interrupted while out to eat with their families.

I'll never understand this "Man, I saw so and so out with his wife having dinner, I asked him for an autograph and he was kind of a dbag about it... what gives?"

Edit- I say this as the guy who once asked John Beilein for a photo in the hallway of Atlantis. He was kind of a dbag about it, but took the photo. 2 minutes later I looked at the TV and saw him standing on the atlantis court with his team about ready to tip off. Turns out, I was the dbag in that situation

Man, the nerve of people who don't like being interrupted while out to eat with their families.

I'll never understand this "Man, I saw so and so out with his wife having dinner, I asked him for an autograph and he was kind of a dbag about it... what gives?"

Edit- I say this as the guy who once asked John Beilein for a photo in the hallway of Atlantis. He was kind of a dbag about it, but took the photo. 2 minutes later I looked at the TV and saw him standing on the atlantis court with his team about ready to tip off. Turns out, I was the dbag in that situation

Since when did local tv newsmen become A List Hollywood actors ?

I'm still close with a lot of the reporters at 3, 9, Spectrum, etc. Gone out with them a bunch and yeah they're on TV and cover the teams we like, but they're humans like us. Let them be!