Slightly OT - Niko Tamurian is leaving the building | Syracusefan.com

Slightly OT - Niko Tamurian is leaving the building

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst

Big loss for local sports fans.

Awesome young couple soon to be parents will both be missed by thousands of ( CNY ) viewers, Niko was born and raised here and bleed Orange and always will I wish them both tons of success.
That only helps the brand. There are always new Syracuse grads coming up to fill his shoes. Now he gets to spread his wings and build the brand elsewhere.

Last edited:
I grazed through the article but I didn't see mentioned what they are doing. Did Farah get a morning or evening news seat or something? Congrats to them both.

Niko and Farah,
You will be missed!

8E1D6EAE-7D19-4C8A-9BCF-2A99B836FDCD.jpeg

Best of luck to Niko and his family. Have never actually seen his wife on TV, but it sounds like she did well locally too.

Always thought if we lost Niko it would be to ESPN. He is a great man and his wife is an amazing woman. Always a huge part of the Orangeyes Open. Maybe Niko is on a super secret quest to bring Hop back. Best wishes friends and Godspeed.

Surprised to see them leave. Nico was a bleeding orange guy and Farah is always talking about how she loves this place. They will certainly be missed.

What's in Seattle? Bigger market? More $$$$$? Headlines from that corner of the country haven't been very good recently.

I grazed through the article but I didn't see mentioned what they are doing. Did Farah get a morning or evening news seat or something? Congrats to them both.
Yeah it doesn’t say. I know KING, the NBC station out there, had a change at the top, so maybe the new GM is bringing them in.

Had the pleasure of meeting Nico at the station once. Tremendous guy. Best of luck to them!

Correct. Seattle is the 12 media market in the country in addition to having NHL, NFL and MLB teams. I love Syracuse, but that's a nice opportunity in Seattle.

I like Nico and Farah adds an exotic touch to the local news. But I'm not sure how far up the ladder they will go in the business, if that's the intent. Nico comes across as a nice guy but most of the sports guys that make it to the top, (wherever that is these days), have some kind of snappy persona they use to get attention. I think he was better off as an Orange lifer. I've only seen Farah as a news reader. Can she make it as an aggressive reporter or are they not going to ask for that? I have a feeling we might see them come back here someday.