Slightly OT: Ranking the last 10 draft picks from SU | Syracusefan.com

Slightly OT: Ranking the last 10 draft picks from SU

jekelish

Living Legend
I thought it would be fun (for me, at least) to rank the last 10 players selected out of Syracuse. In no particular order, they are: Fab Melo, Dion Waiters, Wes Johnson, Andy Rautins, Kris Joseph, Donte Greene, Jonny Flynn, Tyler Ennis, Jerami Grant, MCW.

I'm pretty sure you can guess who I ranked 1st and 2nd. And also, 10th. http://.com/a-definitive-ranking-of-sus-last-10-nba-draft-picks/

Also, it dawns on me that I can't write late at night without putting in at least one dumb joke that makes me laugh a lot harder than the joke deserves to be laughed at.

Last edited:
Solid list, can't say I argue with where anyone is except maybe swapping 9 & 10 and at that point you're arguing semantics. Also this list shows we need a couple more of our guys to produce at a higher level at the next level, I would love to see both Ennis and Grant turn into rotation players and stick for 10+ years.

In terms of NBA value or potential NBA value relative to where they got picked, here's my list:

1. Dion Waiters
2. MCW
3. Wes Johnson
4. Donte Greene
5. Jonny Flynn
6. Jerami Grant
7. Tyler Ennis
8. Kris Joesph
9. Andy Rautins
10. Fab Melo

The first 3 were no brainers for me. Greene and Flynn were close because Flynn would still be in the league, IMO, if not for the bad injury, and could have been more productive than Greene was. The jury is still out on Ennis and Grant so I put them in the middle of the pack. I can't say for sure that either has the potential to be more productive than Greene was and Flynn could have been. Kris and Andy are basically equal, and Fab is one of the biggest draft busts in recent memory.

In terms of NBA value or potential NBA value relative to where they got picked, here's my list:

1. Dion Waiters
2. MCW
3. Wes Johnson
4. Donte Greene
5. Jonny Flynn
6. Jerami Grant
7. Tyler Ennis
8. Kris Joesph
9. Andy Rautins
10. Fab Melo

The first 3 were no brainers for me. Greene and Flynn were close because Flynn would still be in the league, IMO, if not for the bad injury, and could have been more productive than Greene was. The jury is still out on Ennis and Grant so I put them in the middle of the pack. I can't say for sure that either has the potential to be more productive than Greene was and Flynn could have been. Kris and Andy are basically equal, and Fab is one of the biggest draft busts in recent memory.
Yeah, Joseph, Flynn, and Greene were probably the toughest for me to slot. Ennis just doesn't have a big enough sample size at this point, really.

it's unnecessary for the reader; it's just a ploy to boost page views
Actually, it doesn't register as multiple page views on our site. Trust me, I've checked. It's just something I'm playing around with for "countdown" type stuff.

The last thing I ever want is to become a Bleacher Report type site so trust me when I say it's not something I'm going to employ very often.

Actually, it doesn't register as multiple page views on our site. Trust me, I've checked. It's just something I'm playing around with for "countdown" type stuff.

The last thing I ever want is to become a Bleacher Report type site so trust me when I say it's not something I'm going to employ very often.
it's not that big a deal; I find it annoying but most people don't seem to mind

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom