Slightly OT: WVU Hired Miramar HC | Syracusefan.com

Slightly OT: WVU Hired Miramar HC

anomander

Living Legend
I know we have had some success at Miramar over the years, so found it interesting Holgorson hired their HC. Kind of ironic they know have pledges from 2 of their top 3 players in 2015

Yeah I know he is a former player at W Virginia. he's been sending his players there for years. Geno Smith, Stedman Bailey, Ivan McCartney

May actually help us get the very top talent out of Miramar a few years down the road if the whole staff is ushered out the door by Wv, burning the bridge. Since we have had success with the players we have gotten from there in the past.

@BFeldmanCBS
Interesting SF recruiting news: Ice Harris - coach at powerhouse Booker T Washington HS just hired at #Miami as #Canes new asst dir of ops

LOL. Wasn't there a feud going on between Harris and Miami two recruiting seasons ago because they didn't take one of BTWs kids at the last moment. Guess they kissed and made up...especially as he is a U grad.

I love these type of hires. Especially for a support staff type of position

No brainer if the guy will take an ops role.

What I read elsewhere...is that his job will be liaison with high school coaches, which should provide an immediate benefit in competitive South Florida recruiting battles.

Miami is already top dog in south Florida so I'm not sure what the benefit is.

Miami is already top dog in south Florida so I'm not sure what the benefit is.

FSU made a nice dent last year. If your not constantly making moves to stay at the top you will be removed. They probably see FSU as a legit threat for some of the top prospects they would usually have locked up.

FSU made a nice dent last year. If your not constantly making moves to stay at the top you will be removed. They probably see FSU as a legit threat for some of the top prospects they would usually have locked up.

nah, fsu and uf have recruited south florida forever and thats not going to change because of this guy. theres only so much space to.

Pretty sure that Harris wasn't the only So. Florida HS coach who had issues with Golden, so this move makes a lot of sense.

Miami's Victory Fund campaign is interesting - "The University of Miami has launched the $7 million Football Victory Fund to address the most important needs of the football program. " I would guess this campaign is being used to fund coaching and support positions like they just gave Harris.

Personally, I think Miami is back within the next 2-3 years, especially with all the sanction rumors now resolved.

Read an interesting article that basically said that...

"Ice" was hired as a coordinator because it seems you can't be an assistant coach without a college degree. He will be working on completing his degree while working on recruiting for Miami. HS coaches only need to be certified in Fl, which requires college coursework but no degree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom