Slippery Fingers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Slippery Fingers

All hands on deck at Wide Receiver now including Brown the freshman, last 4 games keeps his Red shirt.
Brown has played in 1 game already.

After Notre Dame

Mekhi Mason (5+)
LeQuint Allen (5+)
Jeremiah Wilson (5+)
Kadin Bailey (5+)
Max von Marburg (5+)
Brady Denaburg (5+)
Mekhi Mason (5+)
Denis Jaquez, Jr. (5)

Joe Cruz (1-2)
Donovan Brown (1)
Kevin Jobity (3)
Francois Nolton (1)
Belizaire Bassette (1)

It’s going to be soooo frustrating when not a SINGLE change is made to the starting line up. Name the last time someone who was named a week 1 starter and is healthy wasn’t a starter later in the season.

Babers is the coach who loves chess but won’t adjust his style. Square peg in round holes.

Courtney Jackson and D Cooper have been so bad this year. It’s so frustrating to watch this.

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: The defense was fine.

WRs definitely need to work on catching CDRW’s fastballs. And - as someone mentioned earlier - CDRW needs to work on his touch passes. So much potential, though.
Opinion:

I’m late and just finished reading the 5 pages of the QB thread. Lots of ideas about what we think should happen going forward.

Well, the question has been answered about Garrett. He’s hurt. Now what?

After being a QB in prep school, running for 20 TDS and passing for 22 as a senior and walking on to SU and beating out the 1st string freshman QB, I understand many of the questions and comments/suggestions. I only mention stats here because they relate to GS and CDRW.

Looking at both, I believe it took a lot of balls for CDRW to come in and do what he did. I believe he’s a much better passer than GS, hurt or not, as many do.

He went through his progressions today and either nailed his primary or went to a secondary. This guy has a gun – a perfect spiral thrown with authority. It may have been because he’s used to throwing a fast ball that our receivers, not used to his throws, dropped the ball. They are not Stefon Diggs, yet. But they need to catch a ball thrown into their hands fast or not. Still, he needs to, as Day2 mentioned, work on a slightly slower throw or touch pass to add to his skills.

I was never hurt at QB. I was fast and able to outrun defenses once behind them. GS is hurt can’t run with a sprained ankle, (just guessing about the injury), and should not play until he is fully healed or it’s going to be déjà vu all over again which will be a very bad idea for him and the team. It’s a very obvious situation.

When I turned the game on I could tell he was playing hurt. Leader yes, great runner for a QB when healthy yes, but he needs that running ability to gain needed yardage and get first downs when he calls his own number as he has been until Clemson. Not a difference maker now - he needs to rest.

So, CDRW, IMHO, should definitely start at Pitt, no question, and Jason Beck and Dino should know this after looking at GS’s performance today and the injury. This was my first time to see him in a game for more than just a play or two and I believe he will handle his position quite well. He’s fresh, tough, intelligent, and knows when he needs to pull the ball and run or pass and he does it quickly.

As a RF, 6’ 2” 232 with the arm to go with it, he has the measurables to be a great QB. I watched his film at Cartersville, GA #16 QB in the country out of HS and he threw the ball 55 YDS, perfect spiral with ease. His ball has a high arc giving receivers time to run under it. The film also showed him running the ball and he’s a fast boy with speed to outrun defenses once past them.

Pulling for both of them and for us. GS got us to where we are now. It’s time, until he’s right, for someone else to lead this team.

Last edited:
Adams produced today. He has produced more in his limited snaps than Jackson has all season. Courtney starts and plays most of the game and does nothing. Cooper and Jackson are on the field way too much for how productive they are.
Agreed. Why?
8 games and basically zero productivity

Opinion:

I’m late and just finished reading the 5 pages of the QB thread. Lots of ideas about what we think should happen going forward.

Well, the question has been answered about Garrett. He’s hurt. Now what?

After being a QB in prep school, running for 20 TDS and passing for 22 as a senior and walking on to SU and beating out the 1st string freshman QB, I understand many of the questions and comments/suggestions. I only mention stats here because they relate to GS and CDRW.

Looking at both, I believe it took a lot of balls for CDRW to come in and do what he did. I believe he’s a much better passer than GS, hurt or not, as many do.

He went through his progressions today and either nailed his primary or went to a secondary. This guy has a gun – a perfect spiral thrown with authority. It may have been because he’s used to throwing a fast ball that our receivers, not used to his throws, dropped the ball. They are not Stefon Diggs, yet. But they need to catch a ball thrown into their hands fast or not. Still, he needs to, as Day2 mentioned, work on a slightly slower throw or touch pass to add to his skills.

I was never hurt at QB. I was fast and able to outrun defenses once behind them. GS is hurt can’t run with a sprained ankle, (just guessing about the injury), and should not play until he is fully healed or it’s going to be déjà vu all over again which will be a very bad idea for him and the team. It’s a very obvious situation.

When I turned the game on I could tell he was playing hurt. Leader yes, great runner for a QB when healthy yes, but he needs that running ability to gain needed yardage and get first downs when he calls his own number as he has been until Clemson. Not a difference maker now - he needs to rest.

So, CDRW, IMHO, should definitely start at Pitt, no question, and Jason Beck and Dino should know this after looking at GS’s performance today and the injury. This was my first time to see him in a game for more than just a play or two and I believe he will handle his position quite well. He’s fresh, tough, intelligent, and knows when he needs to pull the ball and run or pass and he does it quickly.

As a RF, 6’ 2” 232 with the arm to go with it, he has the measurables to be a great QB. I watched his film at Cartersville, GA #16 QB in the country out of HS and he threw the ball 55 YDS spiral with ease. His ball has a high arc giving receivers time to run under it. The film also showed him running the ball and he’s a fast boy with speed to outrun defenses once past them.

Pulling for both of them and for us. GS got us to where we are now. It’s time, until he’s right, for someone else to lead this team.
Great post. Spot on
Carlos has an enormous upside. Unless Shrader is able to run he needs to sit. Without his threat of running hes not going to win games.

Sticky Fingers. Great Album

51wCmL06bFL._SY355_.jpg
One of the greatest.

Jackson did fine his first 2 years in the slot. He’s the next best runner behind Pena. Needs to get some throws where he can run. He’s being used wrong.
Agree. Would like to see Courtney split snaps in the slot with Pena