Smallwood set to enroll | Syracusefan.com

Smallwood set to enroll

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
per Scout / John Garcia Jr

so I guess that answers that question

What do people think is his potential impact next year or in the future?

He seems to have had a tough last two seasons but his junior year was outstanding. Worst case scenario returns punts and adds speed to coverage teams. There is one person on the board that insist he won't be here next season.

imo - special teams ... maybe rene / kobena type role (reverses)

He had a big game in the 1st one of the season at Milford then he got injured...didn't really hear his name much...

Is he a RB or a Slot WR?

imo - special teams ... maybe rene / kobena type role (reverses)

This is what I thought - kind of in the same role as those guys. Just couldn't remember if I had the right recruit or not. One frustrating thing with the offense is that I thought we would be using these type of guys on the offense to help spread the field and create mismatches and this hasn't happened at all. So now we bring in Smallwood to man a position on the offense that we don't use anyway. Very frustrating.

This is what I thought - kind of in the same role as those guys. Just couldn't remember if I had the right recruit or not. One frustrating thing with the offense is that I thought we would be using these type of guys on the offense to help spread the field and create mismatches and this hasn't happened at all. So now we bring in Smallwood to man a position on the offense that we don't use anyway. Very frustrating.
yup

i figured we would be utilizing their speed to spread the field more too

cuse was positive he would never wear orange

Didn't he say the scholly was yanked? Its possible Smallwood is set to enroll but won't be if they pulled his scholly. He had said it wouldn't be grades that prevented him from getting to Cuse. He might be set to enroll but until he does he could still be right.

Well if his scholly was yanked someone should probably tell him...

Well if his scholly was yanked someone should probably tell him...

Honestly when it comes to Smallwood I am indifferent ... whether he shows or not I think his overall impact will be minimal on the hill.

isn't this kid like 165 lbs? I don't think he'll do much for us anytime soon. That is, the next 2-3 years.

isn't this kid like 165 lbs? I don't think he'll do much for us anytime soon. That is, the next 2-3 years.

Yes when wearing cement Nikes :)

if he could not put on at least 5 lbs while at Milford that is reason for concern

hopefully by August - if here - he is up to 172 at minimum, 177 would be better

Probably why you shouldn't believe everything you read on a message board.

Not sure why nobody is excited about him, assuming he actually gets here. Take a look at his junior highlight film. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF26dnDN7AY

Pretty impressive in my opinion. Especially if he's kept his speed (He says he's faster but they always say that) and gained 15 more pounds. I definitely hope the kid shows up. People want a playmaker and he could possibly be one. Would love to see him doing returns on specials and wouldn't be suprised to see him turn in to a playmaking back. Kid was undersized, if he fills out who knows what his ceiling could be. Plus he seems like he could probably play WR or CB as well.

He looks like he has a higher ceiling than Kobena to me. More in the way of specials I guess as Smallwood probably starts at RB and Kobena is obviously a WR. Everyone seemed so high on Kobena and I was never as high on him. Haven't seen Kobena's HS film in a long time but I just remember a definite fast kid that ran in a straight line or cut it back and just ran to the other side of the field away from everyone and that doesn't translate to college. As a result he seemed to struggle on kick returns this season. Didn't look like he had any cutting ability or too much in the way of football skills to me. Looked like more of a track kid.

His speed is an upgrade for this team, but he has a long way to go in S&C to make a difference. If he can use agility while running at top speed, he might have a shot at KR.

We could have Tim Brown and Deone Sanders back there but if the blocking doesn't improve significantly it won't make a difference. Hire a ST guru now.

Interesting. I had also heard he was out of the mix. Smallwood had been my "guy I'm irrationality excited about" recruit.

We're going to need a kick returner if what I heard this weekend about Kobena is true...

We're going to need a kick returner if what I heard this weekend about Kobena is true...

He's being moved to WR so he won't be able to return kicks anymore :p

Thanks for the "I know something that you don't know, and I will make a veiled comment about it" post of the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom