Smallwood set to enroll | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Smallwood set to enroll

Thanks for the "I know something that you don't know, and I will make a veiled comment about it" post of the day.

We never get those here ... ever ... :rolleyes:

Transferring to ECU from what I heard. There, happy?

Thanks, and yes. Not sure this is the forum to even bring it up, but whatever.

Thanks, and yes. Not sure this is the forum to even bring it up, but whatever.

Wait... you bust his b@lls b/c he didn't provide enough information and then when he does you tell him it's not the right forum to bring it up in? Why not tell him that from the start instead of getting the info first.

If he's leaving because he didn't get the snaps he thinks he deserved, he's nuts.

Hahaha, as I was perusing the first half of the posts, I'm thinking "Good, nobody has taken my point that even if he hardly plays, he will be worth his weight in gold if his presence pushes Kobena to improve and calm his ass down." Then came the second half posts... suck it irony.

Well if he does transfer we know he will be taking the most direct route possible.

For the record I hope he sticks around.

Well if he does transfer we know he will be taking the most direct route possible.

For the record I hope he sticks around.

He's a kid being played too early because he brings an element that is needed, flat out speed. But he hasn't had time to get coached up enough. He's too straight ahead and not fluid enough, and he does not explode through the first contact.

He's a kid being played too early because he brings an element that is needed, flat out speed. But he hasn't had time to get coached up enough. He's too straight ahead and not fluid enough, and he does not explode through the first contact.

I agree 100% regarding the speed element and there are several cases of players playing too early.

At one point I wondered why not give Kobena snaps at RB to give us a pure speed option to compliment Bailey running between the tackles. But during his regression as a return man, I think I pretty much answered my own question.

I don't know if he is leaving or not, but I had some reservations about him before the season started and said as much.

We cant lose guys like Kobena. Just cant.

We cant lose guys like Kobena. Just cant.

I usually always agree with you kc, but it seems to me, like the kid is a hot head and has a bad attitude. It may be an addition by subtraction. He no doubt has potential, but if his attitude is that bad. good riddance.

I usually always agree with you kc, but it seems to me, like the kid is a hot head and has a bad attitude. It may be an addition by subtraction. He no doubt has potential, but if his attitude is that bad. good riddance.

I think I would have been much more concerned if I hadn't witnessed Kobena's recent issues with changing direction at anything close to full speed. While the acceleration is there, and certainly this might have to do with him not being 100%, or the game not slowing down enough for him yet, I can't say I am getting my hopes up for a speedy WR who explodes out of his breaks.

He is a NYC kid and it is a small world

I don't see where we miss a Kobena with his head not on straight. I like the NYC connection but these kids are so raw, even Reddish should have been redshirted. I have said it 1000 times, these kids from NYC need at least 1 year if not 2 years in a legit S&C program prior to making any difference, even a kid like Reddish. They play football 3 months a year there and then most move onto basketball and then track in the spring.

It's killing Doug right now, but this is what it is when you recruit that area. Kids like Kobena and Reddish are more than athletic enough to compete at a very high level, they just need 2 years, redshirt soph. I would like to see Reddish RS next year, they wasted his time this year. Hopefully Lyn, Anderson, Desir, and couple others can be sufficient.

Lineman from that area also need plenty of time, 2 years minimum, the lineman we have brought in from downstate all look pretty doughy to me, athletic but doughy. He is improving talent by recruiting athleticism and teaching football for the most part when they get here. I also think he has talen some flier early on with a few kids that he knew might have character issues and that is hurting him for sure.

Remember if these kids were can't miss, most of them would have many more offers, a lot of these NYC athletes are a gamble for many reasons

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom