SMU vs BC Fenway Bowl | Syracusefan.com

SMU vs BC Fenway Bowl

CousCuse

Comin in Hot
This game will be a good gauge as to how SMU will do next year in the ACC. SMU is -11 but I don't think they have played teams as big as BC this season. Also a home game for BC. I think BC shows up for this game like they did against FSU. They don't want to start out next year below SMU in the ACC pecking order.

Current weather 43 with rain, feels like 36.

Military Bowl was pouring down rain.

At least we won the weather part of our bowl game.
Yep Military Bowl might have been easier for some to get to, but it didn't look like a very fun experience to be there,

Current weather 43 with rain, feels like 36.

Military Bowl was pouring down rain.

At least we won the weather part of our bowl game.

They're getting all that rain that dumped on DC yesterday. It was miserable.

This game will be a good gauge as to how SMU will do next year in the ACC. SMU is -11 but I don't think they have played teams as big as BC this season. Also a home game for BC. I think BC shows up for this game like they did against FSU. They don't want to start out next year below SMU in the ACC pecking order.
BC will play hard but they are terrible and don’t have Mahogany. Castellanos will probably be running for his life

The weather is brutal. I’m so glad the SU team got to play in Florida. people actually wanted Syracuse in Fenway. Anyone pushing for these winter northeast location bowl games are crazy.

The teams are on the same sideline lol. Baseball stadium games. SMH

Last edited:
I don't think these games have any bearing on next year. I certainly don't think our 45-0 loss means anything for next year.

I don't think these games have any bearing on next year. I certainly don't think our 45-0 loss means anything for next year.
It's some in league metrics, some data, it's relevant. The SU game has no lingering meaning other than making the AD look bad for not declining the game.

The weather is brutal. I’m so glad the SU team got to play in Florida. people actually wanted Syracuse in Fenway. Anyone pushing for these winter northeast location bowl games are crazy.

Say it louder for those in the back!

Anywhere > Cold Weather Baseball Bowls

I thought BC would get crushed, they might win this game.
The more games I watch , like Georgia Tech, and Boston College. Their players showed up and played. Syracuse players didn't. Their needs to be a lot of players talked to about quitting on the team.
Fran needs to get rid of the players who have shown that tendency.

It's some in league metrics, some data, it's relevant. The SU game has no lingering meaning other than making the AD look bad for not declining the game.
Why would we decline the game? That is a ridiculous take. We made money off the game. We sent our people to Florida. The game was bad for us, but so what? The players worked all year to make a bowl game and you want to decline it? Yeah, that sends a positive message the next time we have 5 wins with 1 to play. Earlier this year, you called our program a national laughingstock. Your words, not mine. And you think it would help our brand to decline a bowl game?

The more games I watch , like Georgia Tech, and Boston College. Their players showed up and played. Syracuse players didn't. Their needs to be a lot of players talked to about quitting on the team.
Fran needs to get rid of the players who have shown that tendency.
well their coaches were fired or were allowed to leave.

were you ever in a class with substitute teachers? It was a lose/lose situation. I would have rathered this team play in a cold weather environment with some Syracuse fans there. It may have pushed them to compete a bit more. They went on a vacation essentially which i'm fine with but it was lose/lose

Unless, of course, we have a bowl game at the JMA Dome.

The team should have showed up, you don’t decline a bowl game, especially when you have only been to 3 of them in the last 10 years
It is very seldom that a coach gets fired while making a bowl game. And the team thought they could have been a lot better if Shrader and OG hadn't gotten hurt. The players on the team looked at Dino as a father figure and felt like they failed him. It was a bad spot and turned out ugly. It's been on replay couple of times and I find myself cringing and hoping nobody watches it.

well their coaches were fired or were allowed to leave.

were you ever in a class with substitute teachers? It was a lose/lose situation. I would have rathered this team play in a cold weather environment with some Syracuse fans there. It may have pushed them to compete a bit more. They went on a vacation essentially which i'm fine with but it was lose/lose
We could have played in the JMA and we would have gotten smashed.