So I Just Finished The Sopranos | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So I Just Finished The Sopranos

That's super HOT. The middle seasons were bad bad. When she was boning the teenage arab kid I almost had to call it quits because it was so stupid. Thankfully the last few seasons got back on track.
Would agree. I took a break from it because it was losing me big time for awhile. Glad I went back though because they really got me back. Loved seasons 6 and 7.

Season 1 was an all timer for me though.

Would agree. I took a break from it because it was losing me big time for awhile. Glad I went back though because they really got me back. Loved seasons 6 and 7.

Season 1 was an all timer for me though.
I more or less wasn't allowed to quit it because of my wife. Her name is Carrie, she works in defense intelligence, speaks Arabic, my step-sons name is Brody, Brody's wife on the show was Jessica, which is my wife's sisters name. Was pretty bizarre when we started it.

Billions is doing the same thing. It was so great to start and now it's barely watchable but still hanging on to me because I'm pot committed at this point.

Sopranos is the GOAT... all other shows are 5’2”. I’m pretty much in a constant state of rewatching the show.

Tony definitely dies. The internet lays out the case for that as a done deal. You can find the evidence that he’s dead all over. The only question is who did it.

Was it NY? Probably.

But there is an interesting video on YouTube about a theory of it being Paulie Walnuts & Patsy Parisi. Check out the video below for that theory:

I recently re-watched The Sopranos, probably the 3rd time.

A couple of things struck me:

1. For a bunch of guys who never went far in education (yes, I know Tony had a year and a half at Rutgers), they are very good at math. They can calculate principal and interest in their head like rain man. And Tony can instantly understand a profit margin in a negotiation.

"Ok, so we'll split 80-20."

"That's not fair, I was thinking 50-50"

"Look, that ain't gonna happen. So let's call it 72-28". Hug. Scene.

Don't get me started on how quickly they can count money and tell if it's short.

2. That show is as good for the characters you love as the characters you hate. I think AJ Soprano is my most hated character in any show ever. His grandmother was up there too, but unfortunately the world lost her after 2 seasons.

It's such a mesmerizing show.

I have to be honest when they Killed Brody i was furious, and it took me a while to get back into it.

That was first, then Quinn. It was their signature move.

In all the shows I've ever watched, I've still never seen a faster walker than Saul Berenson.

I recently re-watched The Sopranos, probably the 3rd time.

A couple of things struck me:

1. For a bunch of guys who never went far in education (yes, I know Tony had a year and a half at Rutgers), they are very good at math. They can calculate principal and interest in their head like rain man. And Tony can instantly understand a profit margin in a negotiation.

"Ok, so we'll split 80-20."

"That's not fair, I was thinking 50-50"

"Look, that ain't gonna happen. So let's call it 72-28". Hug. Scene.

Don't get me started on how quickly they can count money and tell if it's short.

2. That show is as good for the characters you love as the characters you hate. I think AJ Soprano is my most hated character in any show ever. His grandmother was up there too, but unfortunately the world lost her after 2 seasons.

It's such a mesmerizing show.

AJ was the worst.

Meadow was probably the only character that wasn’t completely despicable that I can think of. What a bunch of awful people, lol.

AJ was the worst.

Meadow was probably the only character that wasn’t completely despicable that I can think of. What a bunch of awful people, lol.

Meadow sucked early on, but pulled it together at Columbia.

Even the non criminals, like the Cusumanos, sucked.

If you ignore that they’re all sociopaths, Bobby Baccalieri was someone you rooted for. Always liked Furio, even when he went soft. Ralph Cifaretto was hilarious. And who didn’t love Johnny Cakes. And Adrianna’s butt. I could have never shot her from behind.

Last edited:

If you ignore that they’re all sociopaths, Bobby Baccalieri was someone you rooted for. Always liked Furio, even when he went soft. Ralph Cifaretto was hilarious. And who didn’t love Johnny Cakes. And Adrianna’s butt. I could have never shot her from behind.
Season 3 opener where Feds are trying to install taps in Tony’s house, so some agents are keeping an eye on Carmela at her tennis lesson... and an even closer eye on Adrianna. Oofa marone!

Season 3 opener where Feds are trying to install taps in Tony’s house, so some agents are keeping an eye on Carmela at her tennis lesson... and an even closer eye on Adrianna. Oofa marone!

Adrianna might have been the worst tennis player of all time. But she looked good doing it.

Even when she sucked though, it was mostly “normal teenager” level of sucking. Not too bad considering the circumstances.

Yeah I agree, Bobby was likable.

I hated Ralph.

I met the g
Even when she sucked though, it was mostly “normal teenager” level of sucking. Not too bad considering the circumstances.

Yeah I agree, Bobby was likable.

I hated Ralph.
I met the guy who played Ralph. He wrote a book on his mental illness and he gave a great presentation on his book and the stigma of having a mental illness. Matilda Cuomo was there as well as she is an advocate for that. As nice as she is or was, it's hard to believe that she is Andrew and Chris Cuomo's mom. Something went wrong.

Also for those who disliked Livia. She was played by Nancy Marchand who played Mrs. Pynchon on Lou Grant. She is a great actress who played a great and interesting chatacter. I hope they expand and go deeper with her character and what her role was in the family business growing up.

The one I disliked was Janice. No thank you.

Janice was THE WORST until the “I wonder what's French Canadian for I grew up without a mother” episode. Then it was hard to hate her as much when her brother was the biggest POS ever.

I liked AJ and kind of hated Meadow by the end. I really wanted her to find out what actually happened to Jackie Jr. so the whole high and noble act would fall on her head. I enjoyed Finn pushing back on her bs.

But by the last season I despised Tony. I started to really dislike him when the Tony B and Chris dynamic came into play. It started to pile up and by the time Chris tragically passed I was ready

1621550515688.gif

Sopranos is the GOAT... all other shows are 5’2”. I’m pretty much in a constant state of rewatching the show.

Tony definitely dies. The internet lays out the case for that as a done deal. You can find the evidence that he’s dead all over. The only question is who did it.

Was it NY? Probably.

But there is an interesting video on YouTube about a theory of it being Paulie Walnuts & Patsy Parisi. Check out the video below for that theory:

The only problem is David Chase said otherwise. He did walk it back, but he hasn’t said anything else as definitive on the subject. I agree with those who say the ending was intentionally ambiguous.

The only problem is David Chase said otherwise. He did walk it back, but he hasn’t said anything else as definitive on the subject. I agree with those who say the ending was intentionally ambiguous.

Ha, I stand corrected... but further investigation shows he walked that back as well.

I think Chase prefers the ongoing debate over a decade later.
He definitely does.

But he also is an artist that doesn’t miss a detail, everything is by design, and every single morsel of the show has meaning.

The clues to the answers are all there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom